User Tag List

Thread: AA Torque Show Ep1

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Cool AA Torque Show Ep1

Just watched Episode 1 on the Turbo channel on Foxtel, which had the Gen 1 3MPS on there compared against the Astra SRI.

I think its an older series just new to Foxtel.

They liked the engine in the MPS, but the handling in the Astra.

Blah, blah but what would they know.....................

Did anyone else see it?? You can watch it on "on Demand/Foxtel First"

Great colour MPS.

Cheers mate

Found it, will watch it now

Boring as fk. Top Gear FTW

Its never boring when they are showing your car and even better when they are comparing it to another car.

So over Top Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Its never boring when they are showing your car and even better when they are comparing it to another car.
    What he said, always interesting when your car is being reviewed.

Would liked to have seen the MPS compared to the HSV VXR.......probably a bit more fair than the poor SRI.....

Very interesting review. They thought the Astra had a better chassis because it would understeer instead of oversteering when pushed hard, I thought that was a bit weird since powerful FWD are known for the terrible understeer so I would've thought that was point to the MPS and personally I rather have a bit of oversteer than understeer.

Powerwise they thought the MPS was the ultimate power-rocket, the Astra had nothing however the Astra was over 7k cheaper.

Another interesting bit was the braking test from 100kph in a wet track, the MPS stopped at 149m (only 16m shy from what the Porsche 911 GT3 achieved) compared to the Astra 174m which was an equivalent to an extra 5 car lengths.

There was also very little to no mention about torque steer which was good too.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Would liked to have seen the MPS compared to the HSV VXR.......probably a bit more fair than the poor SRI.....
    On the next episode they tested the Clubby I think, I deleted the episode already (recorded it Monday) I can't remember what the 0-100-0 was for that.
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn