User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I fit these?

Default Can I fit these?

lowering pretty much tightens your handleing and get a little more responsive and you will feel the road . . . i mean all of it unless you go coil overs but even those are a pretty hard ride from what i hear.

I'm currently chasing Inox Vizzo's 19"x8" I thnk they run 235's and i was told i could run them with out rolling the guards?? not sure of the off set but they are going to cost me $2950 with toyo rubber (Ouch! Wince) my ride isnt lowerd . . yet anyway I was thinking I'd just og king springs or somthing but I'm sacred of runing the ride.
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    these are the rims im after http://www.koya.com.au/wheel/showimg..._id=12&srno=94
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    http://www.koya.com.au/wheel/showimg..._id=12&srno=94
    Last edited by JestaT; 05-01-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Double post merged
    2006 Radiant Ebony Mazda6 MPS GG Luxury | AEM CAI |Gmax Enigma 18"x7.5 Toyo Rubber ! Kings Super Lows /
    [CENTER]

the 6 comes with a 55 off-set i was told I could go 40 without a roll and maybe 36 with some roll work?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JestaT View Post
    the 6 comes with a 55 off-set i was told I could go 40 without a roll and maybe 36 with some roll work?
    Someone's given you a bum steer there. No you can't.

If your OEM offset is 55, the lowest offset you can legally fit is 42.5; 12.5mm difference max.

If your OEM offset is 52.5, which I expect it is - That's the MPS offset for both 3 and 6, I believe, then your minimum legal offset is then 40. Not reccommended, I can guarantee it'll rub like a son of a bitch, particularly if you go 8" wide. BAD idea.

+42 has been done on 3, on 7.5" rims. Apparently doesn't rub. 8" WILL, no question. Badly.

If you fit anything 7.5" wide at less than +48 you should roll your guards, presuming 225 width tyres.

If you fit anything 8" wide at less than +50 you should roll your guards, again presuming 225 width tyres.

Whoever told you 36 is going to be OK with some roll work is dead wrong. You won't be able to make that legal.

Edit --
    Offsets that low (36-40) are going to have bad effects on steering and handling, and have the potential to bend your guards if it rubs badly enough.
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-01-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: correction (+42.5 --> +42) "has been done"

Blog Entries

I have +45 with 235 tyres and had to get my inner rear guard lips flattened. I had it rolled, but it still rubbed.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post

If you fit anything 8" wide at less than +50 you should roll your guards, again presuming 225 width tyres.
    Ive got 8" wide +45 offset and 225/40 tyres and I have no problem with anything at all. My cars stock height though. But yeh its possible with no guard rolling and no problems
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Ive got 8" wide +45 offset and 225/40 tyres and I have no problem with anything at all. My cars stock height though. But yeh its possible with no guard rolling and no problems
    They're conservative recommendations that I was suggesting. +45 is fairly marginal, and 225/45 would likely rub where 225/40 doesn't - the smaller tyre gives you more room.

Fitments I'll suggest can be expected (without guarantee) to never show a clearance problem. People who have had marginal fitments have almost never had them rub, drove for months like that but then when really pushing the vehicle, they've discovered it does rub after all.

That included |Edit - on a 3| 215/45R18 on 18x8 +48, so I can say confidently that unless you have done some thorough testing, there is a good chance that you haven't discovered rubbing because you haven't pushed it hard enough, or bottomed out suspension etc...

For fitments this close to the margins, and yours is, I would be suggesting to roll your guards as a safety precaution. |Edit -- I'm fitting +48 in a week or so, and I am considering rolling the guards for safety.|

Edit -- I'm thinking 3 clearance; we haven't measured a stock 6 up yet, which may have a few more. Not many, though, I bet. Shins 235 fitment experience is much the same as a 3's...I'll draw up a diagram on how to measure, and follow that up - I'd like to see an authoritive fitment guide amongst our threads.
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-01-2009 at 09:31 PM.

[IMG]IMG]http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo99/JestaJones/Picture003.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

These are going on next week 19"x8.5" I think the offset is +42
    IMG]http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo99/JestaJones/Picture003.jpg[/IMG]

cant seem to get thse photos up?

Hmmmm well sounds like im going to have some issues with these as they are 19"x8.5" I think if I run toyo 35 series tyres it gives me more room to play with the 40 series might be a tight fit I'm fine with rolling the guards dosnt bother me I'm going to have to as i want to lower it a bit as well thinking king springs but thats later down the track when my money tree is in flower again :-( has anyone else fitted 8.5 wide what rubbing problems have you had???
    Last edited by JestaT; 08-01-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Double post merged
    2006 Radiant Ebony Mazda6 MPS GG Luxury | AEM CAI |Gmax Enigma 18"x7.5 Toyo Rubber ! Kings Super Lows /
    [CENTER]

Offset is low. Make sure the shop allows a try before you buy.
    Guard rolling will be a given, fingers crossed no further guard work will be required, it'll be a close call. Dish is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Someone's given you a bum steer there. No you can't.

If your OEM offset is 55, the lowest offset you can legally fit is 42.5; 12.5mm difference max.

If your OEM offset is 52.5, which I expect it is - That's the MPS offset for both 3 and 6, I believe, then your minimum legal offset is then 40. Not reccommended, I can guarantee it'll rub like a son of a bitch, particularly if you go 8" wide. BAD idea.

+42 has been done on 3, on 7.5" rims. Apparently doesn't rub. 8" WILL, no question. Badly.

If you fit anything 7.5" wide at less than +48 you should roll your guards, presuming 225 width tyres.

Whoever told you 36 is going to be OK with some roll work is dead wrong. You won't be able to make that legal.

Edit --
    Offsets that low (36-40) are going to have bad effects on steering and handling, and have the potential to bend your guards if it rubs badly enough.

Good point I was having a look at this last night I'm not sure if i have the measurements right correnct me if im wrong but if the standard rims are at 55 it must be negative ? because the rim is flush with the outside have mabye 2cm of room from the outside of the car? I will definatly need roll work as I think the new ones will sit about 1cm out from the side and maybe 1cm deeper on the inside? I'm going over on sat morning to get measured up and have a talk to the guys about what i need to do, I found a guy in Bris that does rolling for $60 per guard but i'll see if the guys im gtting them off can do it for me if needed.
    [CENTER]

Blog Entries

Jesta, I expect you will have all sorts of rub happening with that fitment. I do have a relatively quick way to find out how much mod you will have to do to make it a workable fit.

work out the distance that the face of the wheel moves between fitment :

Firstly, the difference in offset : 52.5 -42 = 10.5
    Then half the difference in rim width (8.5-7)/2=1.5/2=0.75"=19.05mm
    (1.5" = ~40mm wider, the edge of the rim moves half that on either side relative to the centerline from which offset is measured)
    Add them together : 10.5mm +19.05mm = 29.55mm

That's how far out the face of the wheel will sit
    On a level surface : hold a sinker and thread so the thread drops down from the top of the guard arch and the thread drops vertically.
    Measure 30mm horizontally from the face of the wheel, intersecting the vertical thread, and see where it sits. inside or outside the thread? If inside, roll work might do it. If outside, you need to flare gaurds and things are a bit more radical.

If you can get them under you will likely have to modify or fabricate plastic bumper liners.

I fear you may be sitting several mm outside the guards with 8.5" +42. Pumped guards, anyone?

We have drifted off topic a bit here; if admins are in agreement, I am inclined to create a sticky of this thread for pictures and comment on, and create a separate sticky to deal with "can I fit?" queries.

Edit -- Have split the threads : Post yours... for Show and Tell, Can I fit...for Questions and Answers.
    Last edited by Nexus; 10-01-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: "good" fit --> workable + "as much as 1cm" --> several mm (thinking sidewall face, not wheel) and more

Thanks man,

I went and saw them to day it's actually 19" x 8.5" with a 45+ offset I think they are going to use 36 tyres insted of 40 so 36 will give me a really low profile tyre to make em fit nice they go on on Monday so I'll find out for sure as to what going to happen, Thanks for the advice Nexus!!

Blog Entries

What width tyres are you getting?

I had my 18 +45, 235's fitted before lowering and they rubbed over the smallest bump- taking corners with bad intentions really chewed my sidewalls up.

Also note that there are differences in guard rolling. You do not actually want your rear guards rolled (my front were fine), but flattened...I had mine rolled and they still rubbed badly when pushed, so I then found someone who could flatten the lip- just like folding a piece of paper, as opposed to rolling a piece of paper.
    See this link for some rolling info
    Last edited by shinslinger66; 10-01-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Double post merged
    Quote:
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Default About to find out !

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    What width tyres are you getting?

I had my 18 +45, 235's fitted before lowering and they rubbed over the smallest bump- taking corners with bad intentions really chewed my sidewalls up.

Also note that there are differences in guard rolling. You do not actually want your rear guards rolled (my front were fine), but flattened...I had mine rolled and they still rubbed badly when pushed, so I then found someone who could flatten the lip- just like folding a piece of paper, as opposed to rolling a piece of paper.
    See this link for some rolling info

Thanks Shin,

They will be running on 235's ona 36 profile so it's almost the same dimater as the original size only out by a couple of mil so I'll find out tonight as I'm going to pick them up (Fitted) about 4pm today! I'll jump on tonight and let you know if they rub at stock hight.
    RESULTS ARE IN!!!!

And they dont fit ! not even close would have to fabricate the guard etc etc etc . . . I no understand what nexus was saying, in short dont even try to fit rims that are 8.5 " wide they hang out by about 10mm the off set was completly wrong (38) no possible way to fit these so I've had to pick something else. . . (Cry)

But im pretty happy with a set of GMAX insted they look similar have deep dish and come in 18"x7.5" so they will fit with no problems I hope

Boo to inox for not making a more versitile fiting
    Last edited by JestaT; 12-01-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Double post merged
    [CENTER]

Blog Entries

Pics please!

These are the Gmax enigma that im considering now insted 18"x7.5" with the right off set this time I hope! I think they will look ok
    Last edited by JestaT; 12-01-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Blog Entries

That is a great style, which looks great on our cars- many o the US people have them.

yer i like the style which is what drew me to the vizzo's I think these will look just as good and with 18x7.5 I dont think i'll have any rubbing problems Yey! so back to the shop tomorro to have these fitted
    Pluss the Gmax are jap made so they are made with the mazda in mind >< I'll be able to run 225/40 on these so basicly the same rubber i have on the stock rims
    ok now for ride hight,

I was thinking of just getting a set of kings? any idea how much drop that will allow and how the stock suspension will react ?
    Last edited by JestaT; 12-01-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Double post merged
    [CENTER]

Blog Entries

Go eibach pro springs- I have them on mine and they are great...or you could go one up and get coilovers? If I was doing it again I would go the coilovers I think...

yer the coil overs are out of my price range atm and im getting a good deal on the kings i'll prob just go with them for now. . . . should drop it about 1inch alll round without loosing too much ride and no problems with the camber. . . any more then that i'll start to scrub out tyres and i had that problem with my commador and it sucked having to replace tyres that have 90% tread on the out side and canvas haging out on the inside . . . .

Heh JestaT so why didn't you end up going with the 19s ?
    To much hassle ? I was thinking of getting 19s or even 20s but in all
    my research i have noticed the majority of 6mps run 18s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast