User Tag List

Thread: Lack of mute button

1. Default Lack of mute button

I know that it seems a pretty small thing, but the lack of a mute button is annoying as hell! Anyone else the same?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Glen

The old Bk series has one on the steering wheel. Have a quick look at the instruction book.... there might be trick to making it mute.

GEN 1 Rocks!!!

Default Press the big pause button?

I'll check next time I'm in the car, but I think you can just press the huge pause button on the dash. It is not an issue for me in general because I am usually the only one in the car and with the phone bluetoothed to the car it cuts the stereo when a call comes in anyway.

5. Default

Oops.. yep Maginty, there is that... I should have called it "Lack of mute on the steering wheel". The whole point of steering wheel controls is that you don't have to take your hands of the wheel or your eyes off the road to stuff around with the audio (etc) system. I got used to it on my "old" BK SP23 Luxury.

Interestingly, if you look at the left side of the wheel where the cruise control, there is room for an additional button, though I'm not sure if I was designing it, how I would have rearranged the buttons to make use of the spot. Perhaps they should have used a pushable button/lever (same as the "enter" button on the other side) for volume, with the press to toggle mute. Perhaps Gen III...

Hey, Mag - you still have your 07 SP23? Mine was totaled while parked which opened the way for me to get my MPS!

It is something you have to get use to.

I used to use the mute on the wheel all the time on my SP23.

But they would not have put it on the wheel because with the gen 2's centre consol very easy to reach. The off button is just left of the steering wheel. Ie not a big movement off the wheel.

Saying that it would have been nice if you could push the volume control button (on the wheel) to get mute.

The SP23 is the wife's runaround, feels quite slow these days but it's still a great car. I think your right about using the volume toggle with a pushable mute. Having said that I still don't tend to use the pause button often. At the end of the day if that's your only issue with the car then your driving a great car(and you are). My issue is with Apple not giving their phone full bluetooth connectivity, which makes half the steering wheel buttons useless while bluetoothing audio.
    Last edited by Maginty; 15-05-2010 at 05:35 PM.

I totally agree with Blargleman, no MUTE button is annoying as hell. I have a 2011 3mps, comes standard bluetooth which takes away the mute button. Every time i need to quickly turn the volume down without taking my hands off the steering wheel is to constantly hit the volume button down til no more noise is heard. Its a bit behind the times if you ask me, especially for a 2011 model. Dissapointing!!!

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I forgot to mension, my wife just bought a 2011 mazda 2 that has hands free bluetooth as well as a MUTE button :d Go figure