User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paint Protection/cleaners

oh and seeing as im on a role with the questions...
    the dealer i bought it off decided to put a heap of obnoxious stickers on the car (WHY?!?!?!?!) which i had fun peeling off on the weekend (should have done it sooner, but never really got around to it) all except one, some god awful epoxy "bubble" sticker right under the MPS logo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sticker..jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	4036
    now, last time i tried to remove one of these, it ended up pulling paint off the surface i did it on (wood) can anyone advice on how to get rid of this thing?
    i tried to get it off with finger nails, but it wouldnt budge...
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 31-05-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    the dealer i bought it off decided to put a heap of obnoxious stickers on the car (WHY?!?!?!?!) which i had fun peeling off on the weekend (should have done it sooner, but never really got around to it) all except one, some god awful epoxy "bubble" sticker right under the MPS logo

now, last time i tried to remove one of these, it ended up pulling paint off the surface i did it on (wood) can anyone advice on how to get rid of this thing?
    Maybe contact a professional for this one. I know that most detailers will have "sticker removal" in their list of services.

Or there are products like Disolvit which is a citrus type cleaner. You can buy it from Bunnings.

I feel your pain on this one SarcasticOne!!!! I got lucky with mine, when I picked it up and made comment to my sales guy about how happy I was not to see any stickers, he said are you kidding, I would never do that to an MPS!!! Good luck with removing it, hope it goes well!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

just finished with the hydro, gotta say it's a very big difference =)
    pics will come up tomorrow, when it's light (hopefully not raining...)
    thanks Joel!!!

(stupid sticker... ruining things...)

I used Hydro last weekend for the first time and was really impressed with the results (after it had gone into Mazda for its first service and they attempted to wash it, which I had told them not to. It came back dirtier than it went in)

I especially like how effortless it is to get the car looking so good with it.
    Last edited by Greigrob; 01-06-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Glad you guys are liking it

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Glad you guys are liking it
    I love the Prima Hydro also, I was absolutely stoked with how the car came up with so little effort!!! I also used the Meguiar's Wet Look Cleaner Wax for the first time a couple of weekends ago, it was a little more effort but also came up great!!! Thanks to my little stock beast giving me 154kw atw at Dyno Day I now have a Meguiar's Detailing Accessories Boot Bag Kit so I'm all set and might now be a little obsessive about my car being clean!!!

One quick question Joel, approx how much of it should I be using per wash (how many washes should you get to a bottle roughly) - not sure if I'm using too much??
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    I love the Prima Hydro also, I was absolutely stoked with how the car came up with so little effort!!! I also used the Meguiar's Wet Look Cleaner Wax for the first time a couple of weekends ago, it was a little more effort but also came up great!!! Thanks to my little stock beast giving me 154kw atw at Dyno Day I now have a Meguiar's Detailing Accessories Boot Bag Kit so I'm all set and might now be a little obsessive about my car being clean!!!

One quick question Joel, approx how much of it should I be using per wash (how many washes should you get to a bottle roughly) - not sure if I'm using too much??
    well, i can only comment on how much i used last night, but it was approximately one "squirt" on each of the door panels on my Gen1, and about 3-4 on front/back panels

Wow, I just realised I have no idea how to wash a car!!!

As for paint protection, I went with the dealer. I got the Infinity Stuff put on, initially the car came up brilliant for the first few months, silky smooth finish. but now...no, it aint the same. The worst part is the swirls are beginning.

I'm going back to the dealer next Tuesday to look at the results and maybe get it reapplied. They only provided me with their "Soft Wash", a bottle of their polish, plus a little white sponge. The dealer also recommended using a chamois (which I'm guilty of) and am learning that was a big mistake.

So I really really want to try the ZAS products, but am concerned about the incapability between the two something which Joel and I have discussed already.

I would really appreciate catching up with some of you Bris Vegans and seeing what results you're getting with Joel’s products. Maybe I'll just bin the Infinity product altogether!!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Wow, I just realised I have no idea how to wash a car!!!

As for paint protection, I went with the dealer. I got the Infinity Stuff put on, initially the car came up brilliant for the first few months, silky smooth finish. but now...no, it aint the same. The worst part is the swirls are beginning.

I'm going back to the dealer next Tuesday to look at the results and maybe get it reapplied. They only provided me with their "Soft Wash", a bottle of their polish, plus a little white sponge. The dealer also recommended using a chamois (which I'm guilty of) and am learning that was a big mistake.

So I really really want to try the ZAS products, but am concerned about the incapability between the two something which Joel and I have discussed already.

I would really appreciate catching up with some of you Bris Vegans and seeing what results you're getting with Joel’s products. Maybe I'll just bin the Infinity product altogether!!!
    well, ever since someone tried to sell me this:
    http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/3...sofphysics.jpg
    ive been rather dubious of the "paint protection" offered by dealers

hope you didnt pay as much as they wanted me to pay!!!

I paid about $990 for the PP.

This is my 3rd new car. In the other two cars PP wasn't on the radar. But on this car, I had to do something to look after the finish as it's such a great colour.

You live and learn!

i tried to get it off with finger nails, but it wouldn't budge...

Most of these Badges are applied with double sided tape. Try heating up badge with hairdryer or heat gun, (hot day in the sun will work too).

Then get a piece of fishing line and slowly pull it along at back of sticker until you can carefully peel it back with fingers (looking at your pic be careful not to peel off the MPS badge because this will be attached in same way).

remove leftover glue residue with some eucalyptus oil and apply some detailing spray, this should work on any tape adhesive badge.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by zippymps3; 02-06-2010 at 06:31 PM.
    I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.........Groucho Marx

....Would penetrene work?

The amount SarcasticOne mentioned is about right. One squirt for each part of the door panel, a little more if you feel you missed a bit. You'll find that if you are using the product while the car is still wet you tend to use more. Spraying on after you dry you use less but I guess it is a little bit more effort.

If you prefer to use it while the car is still wet to save a little time 1-2 sprays per door sized section should still be sufficient. If you use more it wont smear or anything like that. But you'll chew up more product and might want to invest in a gallon to save some money.

such an accurate measure... "Squirt"
    btw, pics are incoming, just havent been home when it's daylight since car has been cleaned
    hopefully today!

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    The amount SarcasticOne mentioned is about right. One squirt for each part of the door panel, a little more if you feel you missed a bit. You'll find that if you are using the product while the car is still wet you tend to use more. Spraying on after you dry you use less but I guess it is a little bit more effort.

If you prefer to use it while the car is still wet to save a little time 1-2 sprays per door sized section should still be sufficient. If you use more it wont smear or anything like that. But you'll chew up more product and might want to invest in a gallon to save some money.
    Thanks Joel, think I went a little overboard on my first use. I used about a quarter of the bottle without realising - the car was wet. Thanks for the info!!!

Oh man, I've been over-using Slick, I have been covering almost the entire panel with a light mist then wiping it until dry..the results are still amazing but it's good to know I can stop using so much!

Also, if you want to see what a machine can do for you, check out this thread: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detai...-forester.html, the results I got were totally worth the money!

as promised, pics of clean car
    not looking as good as it should, low light and clouds, but all the same =)

looks substantially better in the metal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00392 [1600x1200.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	4083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00389 [1600x1200.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	4084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00390 [1600x1200.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	4085  

think I went a little overboard on my first use. I used about a quarter of the bottle without realising
    Me too, oh well I'll know the next time

as promised, pics of clean car
    not looking as good as it should, low light and clouds, but all the same =)

looks substantially better in the metal
    They always look better in the flesh when I take pics. Some people have the knack for taking photos. I dont!

Regarding the usage of Slick/Hydro - what you guys are describing is a little more than needed. Remember too that once your towel becomes soaked with the product you need even less.

I always try to keep one side of the cloth as dry as possible and let the other side get soaked. I use the wet side for the initial spreading then flip it over to the dry side for a final wipe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast