User Tag List

Thread: Rear engine mount for the 6

Default Rear engine mount for the 6

I've heard people swear by the rear engine mount for the 3 but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of people who have done it for the 6. Trying to work out if its worth the money. Who's actually had one in the car and tried it out?

I could have sworn I saw a review on an american forum about a guy who put one in and said the vibrations started a bit bad but he found shifting gears much more fluid and then after a while it bedded in and vibrations were worse then stock but apart from that felt the same.

It depends very much on the car, some vibrate more than others. I had an SU mount on my car for a couple of thousand kms but my car is a vibrator and it was too out of character with the inherent refinement of the car to leave it that way. Nickows put the mount on his car and finds that the vibs are not too bad.

Apart from the vibes, the mount definitely improves the gear shift and makes the car feel like it gets the power down better.

I've heard it can fix the clunk you experience on shifts, which apart from sounding bad can't be healthy so I might grab one with my dashhawk off of streetunit. (assuming I can ever convince them to take my money!)

installed the CPe unit onto my mps 6 tonight.
    first impression - more vibration at idle, can feel the engine clutch engagement more and can feel when the car is about to stall.
    better driving feel in the engine - more like a sports car now - which I kinda like.
    tomorrow well see though - peak hour traffic, so see whether the vibrations get annoying.
    my stock mount was fine - but I wouldn't mind filling in the gaps with some silicone to so whether it tightens it up further

5. Default

Hey guys,

This engine mount your talking about, is it the one underneath the car that looks the shape of a number eight. (hope that makes sense)
    Can anyone forward me to a page that shows the mounts easily and explains the problems and concerns.

Thanks

yup.. thats the one

Had the CP-e mount in mine and once the mount was bedded in the vibrations are minimal. Overall the gear shift (1-2 and 2-3) is significantly improved and it felt better overall, still had some engine movement, so I'd recommend getting a Turbine Tech forward mount if the movement worries you.

Since removing the mount and selling it to Toddy, I've missed waaaay too many gears it feels kinda ordinary now!