User Tag List

Thread: Impressed With Race Pipe

Thumbs up Impressed With Race Pipe

Well I finallt got around to getting my race pipe fitted. Big thanks to our good mate Gary!

Below is a picture of the 3" catless pipe next to the stock pipe it replaced.

And a pic of the SLS racepipe installed

Although the second Cat does look rather restrictive I wasn't expecting big gains with the stock downpipe still fitted.

I was really impressed. The increase in throttle response was fantastic and the engine just feels like it's breathing better. Even revving at idle you can notice a big difference

On the way home I was getting wheelspin in second and even third that I hadn't had previously. I guess the power gain is about 8 - 10kw but can't be sure. I think the gains with this mod would be less if I didn't have the SRI and inlet pipe.

Exhaust note has changed slightly, a little deeper and sharper though you can only really tell inside the cabin.

I'd have to say the 3" straight through design works alot better than gutting the CAT on the stock pipe.

Overall great bang for buck, easy install and you'd barely know it's there so it doesn't attract attention.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Shameless plug - http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ipe-100-a.html

Good to hear your review !

is the car still quite on the highway? i want this mod but dont want it loud unless i get into it

cheers in advance for the help

Still quiet on the highway. Exhaust note is a little sweeter but no louder as pipe is before the main silencer and mufflers :-)