User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power cut out

Default Power cut out

Ok so the last few days when ive been giving it some out of long corners in 2nd gear, the traction light comes on much more frequently thanks to my trusty new DP. But then all of a sudden the power pretty much gets cut in half for a second. Its a pain in the ass! Is this due to the DSC or steering angle sensors that are steeling my fun??? Or am i coming across something else here? Fuel cut, Boost cut???
    I havent tried with the DSC off as yet.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Cton; 09-05-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Sounds like you're overboosting (byproduct of the DP) which is leading to a fuel cut. Got a Dashhawk so you can see what's happening to the fuel pressure vs. boost?

Any other mods like an intake?

No Dashhawk.... Didnt think they worked with the gen 2?
    Yep, Intake and inlet.
    Cheers.

Ahh OK, hadn't heard of the Dashhawk not working with the Gen 2, wasn't aware of that.

With all those mods I do think it's overboosting leading to fuel cut. Have you had it on a dyno to check that all is running OK, mainly looking at AFR's and boost.

Also, after DP install did you putt around for 50km or so to give the car the opportunity to relearn/reset the LTFT's?

I have a DH if you want to come and take some logs.

Under what circumstances does it happen? Only when turning or when in a strait line?

Not sure i gave it quite 50ks to relearn. I can just disconnect the battery to let it relearn again to be safe right?
    It hasnt happened in a dead straight run which made me think it was the dsc or steering angle sensors.
    might have to get it on a dyno to be safe.

Default Power cut

Hey cotn, try to repeat circumstance. Watch revs,turbo gauge,speed. possible speed/torque limitation in 2nd, Remembering this car has restriction in 1st &2nd. WOT will induce slight power drop in either gear at pre set limitation. Possible cause???????

Hope this helps, at least isolation of poss cause.

Yeah I'll try get it to happen tonight....
    Its a little hard to keep my eyes on the dash, but I'll give it a go.
    Thanks.

Where in sydney are you?

Mona vale. Northern beaches.

If you can be bothered with a hike to Sutherland we can make a few logs.

I don't mind the drive.... But I didn't think the dashhawk worked with the gen2?
    Going to see how much a dyno will set me back this arvo...

Went to 2 places this arvo..... one said $220 for a dyno to check AFR + boost. The other said $90 for the same thing and they were far more helpful.
    Both places said it sounds like boost cut. I still think it may just be the traction control. Ill give it a go with it off tonight and see if it does it.
    What would i have to do if it was hitting boost cut???

dashhawk will work on Gen2 . Though not all parmeters.All main inc boost are there. Must be current version with specific mazda extras.

If it hasn't done it in a straight line, then it won't be boost cut. It'll be the SWAS forsure!

Agree with Corey, if its in a strait line and it feels like your hitting a brick wall, then its boost cut.

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Went to 2 places this arvo..... one said $220 for a dyno to check AFR + boost. The other said $90 for the same thing and they were far more helpful.
    Both places said it sounds like boost cut. I still think it may just be the traction control. Ill give it a go with it off tonight and see if it does it.
    What would i have to do if it was hitting boost cut???
    $220 for a dyno?

tell them to get ******!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

^ thats what i thought. i dont think he wanted to know about it really. He was pretty unhelpful.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Just took it for a run.
    i went to the same corner. started winding it up through 2nd then WOT. It pulled hard then hesitated 3 times.
    2nd go- DSC OFF. much better. but it still came in at the very end.
    So i went and did a few hard pulls from 1st through to 6000rpm in 3rd. No problem,
    So im convinced theres no fuel/boost cut happening or it would happen in a straight line.
    Although i was pretty happy with how quick she gets moving.

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    ^ thats what i thought. i dont think he wanted to know about it really. He was pretty unhelpful.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Just took it for a run.
    i went to the same corner. started winding it up through 2nd then WOT. It pulled hard then hesitated 3 times.
    2nd go- DSC OFF. much better. but it still came in at the very end.
    So i went and did a few hard pulls from 1st through to 6000rpm in 3rd. No problem,
    So im convinced theres no fuel/boost cut happening or it would happen in a straight line.
    Although i was pretty happy with how quick she gets moving.
    Just do the corner in 3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Lol not boost creep.. This the best mufflers downpipe allows the waste gate to open and release.. Not all dp's are created equal. You won't see boost creep.. Or boost cut with this.. I guarantee it..All you need is a new mount mate and you'll be laughing..

Doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast