User Tag List

Thread: Whats the stock Turbo Psi

Default Whats the stock Turbo Psi

This may be a dumb question

Does any one know what the stock psi on the turbo is?? and how much I can tune it up without stressing the motor ?
    Last edited by JestaT; 09-01-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: add another question

Quote Originally Posted by JestaT View Post
    This may be a dumb question

Does any one know what the stock psi on the turbo is?? and how much I can tune it up without stressing the motor ?
    1 bar or 14.5psi

DISI engine I have read can take up too 22psi....the ECU..and fuel cuts..thats another story.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

3. Default

Ive read the stock MPS6 turbo is 15.4

Depends on the gear also, in higher gears you will have higher boost readings.

Ok totally NOOB - (gonna sound real stupid) - Isn't PSI to do with air in your tire. I have no idea what you guys are talking about but keep reading it in various places please explain. I love cars but its a recent interest, im still learning the talk. Please be patient with me and my stupid girly blond moments. Im a PC nerd isn't that enough? lol (brain sells dying with every coffee)

PSI (Pounds per square inch) is a measurement of air pressure....Yes it is used to measure the air pressure in your tyres, but you can also use it to measure the inlet manifold pressure created by the turbocharger.

Mine is 17.2psi - opened the exhaust from the axle back and bug&er me more boost???

8. Default

mine been running 20-22 psi every day. on a stock bottom end

Quote Originally Posted by Latool View Post
    Ok totally NOOB - (gonna sound real stupid) - Isn't PSI to do with air in your tire. I have no idea what you guys are talking about but keep reading it in various places please explain. I love cars but its a recent interest, im still learning the talk. Please be patient with me and my stupid girly blond moments. Im a PC nerd isn't that enough? lol (brain sells dying with every coffee)
    You are not alone toolsy
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I use a Scangauge II to display "manifold" pressure (one of the selectable gauges). It max'es out around 31-32 PSI displayed. If you then take off the 14.5 for atmospheric pressure then that leaves about 16-17 PSI max boost. I have changed nothing but added a MazdaSpeed CAI to my car.