User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 exhaust

Default MPS 6 exhaust

Hi All,

Does anyone have a MPS 6 they have upgraded the exhaust on?

I just picked my car up this week and I want to replace the stock with a nice, deep, rumbing exhaust.

So far I've researched and it seems CorkSport might be OK?

Also, I've had mixed advised egarding preferred type of exhaust systems? I was looking at a cat back... However whilst a turbo back system would give better performance, would this improve sound?

Thanks

Meagan

What exactly are you after. If you just want the noise and don't care about performance go the catback. If you want to just improve performance and don't care about sound go the dump pipe. However if you want to improve both of them go a Turbo Back Exhaust which is essentially doing both of the other two at the same time. I've got a full turbo back exhaust and there is a marked improvement in performance, it just pulls hard all the way up to redline and the sound is awesome. However if you don't really care about more performance then something like a corksport catback might be the go.

MPSGarage is the only place to get the corksport from and its $1000 plus shipping and install
    http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...st-system.html
    The upside of just getting the catback is that basically any exhaust place can do the catback install no problem. I found out the hard way that few places really know how to install a dump pipe in a Mazda 6 MPS, took the place i had it done over 14 hours.

6 week lead time on exhaust from mps garage. ordered mine 3 weeks ago and am still awaiting for the CP-E unit to come in : (

Blog Entries

Catback sounds great, but downpipe brings out the mungrel in performance, and sound (very angry sounding).

Take it to Best Mufflers for a downpipe, he is making great Dp's for the MPS3, and is keen to get his hands on a 6 to fab one up and make a jig, there is a fair bit of interest from the 6 crowd, you would be doing the community a great service if you go ahead with this.

Give Chris a call and see if you can tee something up with him, you wont find a better produced downpipe, and his attention to detail is second to none.

Have a read of this thread
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...fflers-dp.html
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

I still have my CP_e catback SS 3" exhaust for sale if interested. Only 20-30kms on it. Not even sooty. PM me. Chs.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 08-05-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Take it to Best Mufflers for a downpipe, he is making great Dp's for the MPS3, and is keen to get his hands on a 6 to fab one up and make a jig, there is a fair bit of interest from the 6 crowd, you would be doing the community a great service if you go ahead with this.

Give Chris a call and see if you can tee something up with him, you wont find a better produced downpipe, and his attention to detail is second to none.

Have a read of this thread
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...fflers-dp.html
    ^^what he said +1

+2.......

So DP will give me a good sound? I was under the impression that was performance only - ideally I want sound for now and something which I can work on to upgrade performance down the track i.e. something that wont be a complete waste of money when I decide to go a step further...

Also I heard u hav a CorkSport cat back shinslinger? Ur only around the corner from me - let me know if u have a mini-meet or something on the coast.

P.S. Would love to come to next meet but dunno if i'd keep up atm lol