User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hai

Default Hai

Hi All,

Just picked up my red Mazda 6 MPS Leather yesterday and loving it already.

Looking forward to playing around...

First question (if it's not too soon)... Does anyone have any suggestions as to what a nice sounding, rumbling exhaust is best for my car? I've seen it looks like CorkSport might be OK? Also, I have mixed opinions regarding preferred type of exhaust systems? Cat back or turbo back?

Looking forward to chatting with u all soon and becoming a contributing member of the ozmpsclub!

Meagan

Welcome to the Forum

3. Default

welcome and congrats on getting the best MPS around

Hahah thanks for your welcomes.

Yeah she's a beast. In love with her already!!

Congrats on the purchase, a very fine car and colour you got yourself (if I may say so)

Plenty of discussion etc on exhausts for the MPS6 can be found here

Intake/Exhaust/Turbos

From what I've heard the Corksport systems sound very mean, deep and growly shinslinger has a Corksport on his and he's in NSW somewhere. Otherwise jump on YT there are quite a few vids with cool sounds!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Thanks - I just posted in exhausts too.

I must say u may well be a little biased on the model and colour :P

I couldnt find any real good Ozzie vids on YT ... Found 1 or 2 which were n2b.

Just looked at shinslinger's profile - he's only about 15 mins away from me. Might have to go have a listen lol.

Know CorkSport prices around abouts? They cat back or turbo back?

The Corksport is sold as a Catback they also do DP or you could go another brand, you can get them from MPS Garage, they do fitting as well

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...st-system.html

If you want nice sounds Catback, if you want Power and Sounds CB and DB, or power only then DP, good luck with this!

Only slightly biased, but Velocity Red is a Damn fine colour

Yeah not sure how much more power I need at the moment - I'm thinking catback might be the go and then I can always just upgrade at a later date for more power.

I'm getting a couple of prices - got a quote for a full cat back system today but don't think it was CorkSport - was too cheap for that.

Hahahah only slightly biased :P She glows in the sun and sets off the black panels nicely. U have MPS or MPS Leather?

Quote Originally Posted by me086 View Post

Hahahah only slightly biased :P She glows in the sun and sets off the black panels nicely. U have MPS or MPS Leather?
    Okay Alot biased MPS Leather! some here refer to it as the Fat Pack (other version is Pov Pack)

BAHAHAHAHAHAH - yeah well im accustomed to my mod cons... Cant live without my electric sunroof and have a problem with having to have the best of the best...

11. Default

pov pack FTW

Hello Meagan and welcome to the Forum

I've got a Pearl white MPS6 but I still think the Red is the BEST colour for the MPS so you've done well! Maybe some dark RIMS and red callipers at some stage at that would be one sweet ride!

Never too soon to look at getting an exhaust! The MPS stock isn't such a pleasure to drive in regards to sound. In fact my 2006 Luxury Sport motor sounded much nicer stock. I've always thought of the stock MPS as a turbo vacuum cleaner.

In response to you question, have a look here for a bit more info
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...questions.html

Also might I suggest chasing up 2XS - - - View Profile: 2XS - OzMPSclub - Australia's fastest growing Mazda MPS forum - - - He's very helpful and I believe the one to talk to if you have any questions about exhaust systems. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

On a personal note, have you got a budget in mind? An exhaust sound (from what I know) comes down to muffler selection. 2XS can correct me on any of this. Ideally a downpipe would be a great addition and a wonderful power increase. This can be looked at getting installed at the same time as a catback (to save money) or at a later stage or not at all if you do not feel its worth it (expensive). Allow $350-450 for the DP install.

The catback itself, most likely to be a 3" mandrel can be stainless, or mild steel, again depending on budget. If you want a loud and rumble you may want to refrain from using resonators to give it a louder note. Then again, I got two resonators and my zorst sounds pretty good still. I've got stainless Supercats on mine which are oval and sit high up so I'll never hit anything. Instead of buying a system off a website, consider getting some quotes from an exhaust place. All I had was the downpipe (supplied) installed and I asked the guy to design and fabricate the rest (cat back) I think that is a good way to save on money and have a precise fit (depending on workmanship)

Hope that helps you out a bit, for now enjoy your Red ride

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Too bad your post is in the members section rogwick, I cant give thanks here

Welcome to the forum! where abouts in NSW are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Too bad your post is in the members section rogwick, I cant give thanks here
    I'll copy and paste it somewhere else?! haha kidding, Nah its all good and cheers anyway. Wrote it in the hope to provide some useful info. You never know, you're idea couple save someone a couple of coin or fix a problem, figured its helped me, might as well return the favour. BTW Meagan, not sure if anyone else has asked...any other mods planned for the beast? (Just in case a RED MPS with a sweet exhaust just isn't enough!!)

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

aboard......

Good to see another MPS6

Thumbs up

Hey sorry for slack ass reply- been so busy.

Thanks rogwick- didn't really DP would b cheap as or cheaper than a cat-back!

Yeah not what mods i want atm -

Looked around for some kits potentially tho I'm very hesitant.

Found a nice one which doesnt detract from lines of the car, but i think its concept only, although I'm sure someone prob woulda built it.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/12364/ne...mps-and-2-mps/

Looking forward to coming to next NSW meet, even tho i'm not the craziest driver in my 6 (yet :P)

No worries, glad to give some info or an idea anyways.

A catback exhaust (mild steel) will probably be cheaper than purchasing (about $1250) and installing (roughly $350) a Downpipe. If you're not interested in any additional power I would suggest getting a nice cat back system with decent mufflers. I just thought I would mention the DP because if you are considering it, might as well get the entire system fitted at once while the car is on a hoist and it will work out cheaper for you. May be an option to save a bit and get the lot done. That's entirely up to you and what you want to do. Not sure if you know about this but...

http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/sea...zda-6-mps.html

It is here where you'll find a lot of information and parts for your 6, should you want to look into performance, looks etc. Feel free to have a look and also fire an email if you have an questions and they'll be happy to help.

Kits can be expensive depending on what they're made of (carbon fibre?), if its a custom job etc. If you intend on lowering your ride (recommended) consider scraping and the places you drive. The last thing you want is a cracked kit. If you are considering dropping the car, I would do this before looking at kits to inspect the final ride height and then decide whether or not a kit is the next step you wish to take.

The link you attached is the concept of the next MPS6. Unfortunately you won't be able to get that kit due to the vehicle being a revised shape. One more thing to consider and this IMO...getting a kit with the standard rims may look a little weird. 19" rims would probably compliment the kit and work well together. Feel free to disagree on that though!

Post up some pics of your ride! Check out MPSgarage, hope it gives you some cool ideas!

M P S

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there I have CP-E dump pipe & CP-E 3"cat back stainless steel exhaust from MPSGARAGE very happy with the quaulity, price ,tuff note & increased performance .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast