User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CPE 60duro rear engine mount installed (rough install guide and impressions)

The kinchrome wrench I bought for my rem install is adjustable to a specific torque.
    You turn the handle to whatever amount you want, then lock it there.
    It then clicks when you reach that torque on the bolt.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

A torque wrench, measures the torque applied to a bolt/nut. the number 110nm is the amount of torque to apply. I would recommend using a torque wrench as tightening the bolt too much will cause noises. I've got mine set at about 85nm, 110nm was too much and caused noises/creaking

Righto sorry lol, just ordered one for $190 shipped from the U.S. was gna go with mpsg though will have better luck with these guys and got 75 duro, hopefully i'll be happy with them

If you ordered a cp-e mount from the US you will most likely get a sad email telling you that your order cant be sent due to the stranglehold MPSG have over cp-e parts, alternatively the SURE products are getting some good reviews, and aren't under any contracts with local suppliers.

You MUST use a torque wrench when fitting a REM, and the bolts need to be torqued in the correct sequence, as per the instructions to avoid vibrations.

I'm happy with my jbr mount. $120 delivered in 11 days. I went with the 70d and it feels standard vibe wise now even with the A/C on and on msf I havn't seen a bad review on them.

As said, follow the instructions torque wise that come with the mount and I used some locktite on my threads just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    If you ordered a cp-e mount from the US you will most likely get a sad email telling you that your order cant be sent due to the stranglehold MPSG have over cp-e parts, alternatively the SURE products are getting some good reviews, and aren't under any contracts with local suppliers.

You MUST use a torque wrench when fitting a REM, and the bolts need to be torqued in the correct sequence, as per the instructions to avoid vibrations.
    lol it's been shipped, I've got the USPS tracking details anddd I've checked them it's already been internationally dispatched, though I cancelled my order for the XCEL nano as I could get the K&N for $40 more

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ash460 View Post
    I'm happy with my jbr mount. $120 delivered in 11 days. I went with the 70d and it feels standard vibe wise now even with the A/C on and on msf I havn't seen a bad review on them.

As said, follow the instructions torque wise that come with the mount and I used some locktite on my threads just in case.

Received mine today hopefully install it aswell today, will do a little DIY add to this.
    ah crap, I didn't know they made them... if I knew this I would have gone for the JBR -.-
    Last edited by Matto; 21-06-2011 at 04:04 PM.

The CPE Stage2 RMM has been mentioned before in some thread, having issues digging it up.

But has anyone tried this yeT?

Mazda3 / MazdaSPEED3 Stage2 Wishbone Engine Mount | Custom Performance Engineering

Been looking at mazdaspeed forums and mazda3forum and cannot see any reviews yet.

Has anyone dug up any review for this product yet? Possible to link me to it?

Thanks

I was going to be the guinea pig when it was first released, but CPE won't ship direct to aus imo, i think it's worthwhile improvement over the current designs as it removes a flex point and the flex point that remains, is a lot sturdier

9. Default

Hey peeps.
    It says in this thread to torque at 110nm.. what do you think is recommended? what have you guys done it at?

Quote Originally Posted by 0401MPS View Post
    Hey peeps.
    It says in this thread to torque at 110nm.. what do you think is recommended? what have you guys done it at?
    i found 110nm gave me too many funny noises at startup and in general. 90nm is where i am right now.
    but make sure u follow the correct sequence when tightening the bolts as any deviation will cause u grief.

I installed a JBR mount on the weekend, told me 70 ft-lb. Vibes are fine. Mark my words though, after the epic **** around that was ordering a cpe mount, mpsgarage will never see business from me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    i found 110nm gave me too many funny noises at startup and in general. 90nm is where i am right now.
    but make sure u follow the correct sequence when tightening the bolts as any deviation will cause u grief.
    Oh thanks yeah i followed it, i was doing mine at 95nm, funny think was it felt fine then about a week later heard some click noise, but only sometimes..
    so decided to just take it out and put the oem back in..

Quote Originally Posted by 0401MPS View Post
    Oh thanks yeah i followed it, i was doing mine at 95nm, funny think was it felt fine then about a week later heard some click noise, but only sometimes..
    so decided to just take it out and put the oem back in..
    yeh u need to retighten after u driven it just to make sure none of the bolts have loosened.

Question

have you done any of the other mounts ? like the rear diff etc ??

Quote Originally Posted by stevo6MPS View Post
    have you done any of the other mounts ? like the rear diff etc ??
    I think this thread is MPS 3 oriented. However on the MPS 6 the mount will make shift changes better, combined with rear diff the driveline feels better again, however a front engine mount is also another option on the MPS 6. Try a search there is some info on it somewhere
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345