User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CPE 60duro rear engine mount installed (rough install guide and impressions)

1. Default

I agree with LOOPYMPS. The good outways the bad majorly. Definite must do, if you havent already.

I put the mount on last saturday and my car is a beast now. Ive got the CAI sitting in the box next to me, whilst writing this message, I cant wait to put it on this weekend!!

Thanks Lup15 for your how to guide as well. I feel bad for you... I followed YOUR instructions, and I have no creaks

Just got an email from MPSgarage, the rear mount insert I ordered yonks ago has finally arrived in stock, will finally be able to install this sucker, I went out and bought a bunch of tools and built a pair of ramps for the occasion ages ago! Gonna finally get to use them!

just some video's on this that i found
    stock motor mount movement:

removal:

installing inserts:

after install:
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Nice find there Samski!

Blog Entries

Good find on the vids!

I videoed when I did my mount...my stock mount flexed so much I thought it had actually failed but no it was just "sloppy stock"

I was looking at replacing my rear engine mount, but unsure which one to purchase,
    What is the difference between the Cpe 60 Duro and the CorkSport insert ??
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jamosa View Post
    I was looking at replacing my rear engine mount, but unsure which one to purchase,
    What is the difference between the Cpe 60 Duro and the CorkSport insert ??
    Cheers
    The Cpe 60 is a complete engine mount replacement (you replace your factory mount with this)

The inserts fit into the gaps in your factory engine mount (ie you retain your factory mount but the inserts stiffen it up)

The 60 Duro, I believe, will be firmer than the inserts

There's also the 75 Duro engine mount, which is stiffer again. This is what I have and absolutely love it

Any of the above will give you quite an improvement over the stock factory mount as it is. It's really down to personal preference as to which you go for (ie how stiff do you want the engine mount to be)

The stiffer the mount, the better connected you'll feel to the engine, but as stiffness increases, so does NVH (noise, vibration, harshness)

Having said this though, a correctly torqued 75 Duro adds bugger-all vibes IMO, so the 60 or the inserts should be barely noticeable in this department.

Hope this helps

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I had a 60 Duro in my SP23, loved the way it made the car felt, so when I sold the SP23 I swapped the 60 Duro onto the MPS 2 days after I bought her, I will never go back to the stock mount, it just didn't feel right at all

I have the inserts and love them, the vibes ARE noticeable but only on take offs when the engine drops below 1k rpm, but the car drives MUCH better thanks to them.

Upgrade for sure:
    If comfort is important, the inserts are fine
    If you drive with a bit of vigor, get the 60
    If you are a performance fiend, get the 75

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I have the inserts and love them, the vibes ARE noticeable but only on take offs when the engine drops below 1k rpm, but the car drives MUCH better thanks to them.

Upgrade for sure:
    If comfort is important, the inserts are fine
    If you drive with a bit of vigor, get the 60
    If you are a performance fiend, get the 75
    I is Performance Fiend

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Thanks for the help,
    I just purchased the 60 Duro

Quote Originally Posted by Jamosa View Post
    Thanks for the help,
    I just purchased the 60 Duro
    Congrats mate. One of the single best mods you can do with these cars.

Just ordered the Inserts from MPS Garage, so lets see when they get delivered....

I spoke to MPSG last week and he said they have got an epic corksport backorder that is taking yonks to fulfill. Hopefully they have the inserts in stock cause mine took ages to arrive!

I have not recieved any communication from MPSG on expected delivery....

I ordered a 75 Duro mount from MPSG, so I'm not holding my breath.... Money hasn't even been taken out of my account yet/

Haha suckers! 2 weeks from ordering to getting the mount in my hands

Sorry to revive an old thread, though can some one explain how to 'correctly torque' a CP-E engine mount? like how do I know how much is too much and too little? and is there any way to measure it i.e. how much force ?

19. Default

Ah torque wrench...

on the first page someone said 110nm? does a torque wrench tell you how tight it is? sorry im such a noob at all this haha

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast