User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cleaning the MAF & IAT sensors

Maybe it wasnt dry yet?
    I dry mine off with a can of compressed air afterward.

Possibly, I had left it to dry in the laundry but mind you last time I was out in the sun. The MAF sensor cleaner seems to dry pretty quickly.

Hopefully it is something small like that...it's too hot for a IAT sensor high voltage fault!

just a note on this topic and what could happen. Recently the engine on my car stopped while I was driving. When I tried to restart, it started but immediately turned off. Took it to mazda and they said they cleaned the AFM sensor. works fine afterwards

4. Default

thanks for your tips and advice.

When disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery, is there any proceedures to be carried out afterwards?

On my GH M6, I had to turn the key to accessories, (not running) turn the steering wheel clockwise full lock then back anti-clockwise full lock (without power steering on).
    This resets DSC.

With the BL MPS, do we have to do this?

Also, is there any benefit to earthing the throttle body to the negative terminal on these cars??

i can't see the picture

In this pic the MAF is the Black little thing yeah? then wat is the IAT?

Is the MAP sensor the same style but just on the inlet mani?

They are the same thing. Clean one, you clean them both. Spray that $hit in and all around and watch the black stuff drip out. Spray again, let it dry (30 mins, it's alcohol, so won't take long) and your ready.

Don't try and wipe or put a tool in there to clean. That's doomed to fail unless your qualified.

Cheers and info on the MAP?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Cheers and info on the MAP?
    Some good learnings here.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...-sensor-51079/
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    When disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery, is there any proceedures to be carried out afterwards?

On my GH M6, I had to turn the key to accessories, (not running) turn the steering wheel clockwise full lock then back anti-clockwise full lock (without power steering on).
    This resets DSC.

With the BL MPS, do we have to do this?

Also, is there any benefit to earthing the throttle body to the negative terminal on these cars??
    You don't need to dc the battery, just disconnect the loom from the end of the sensor with a flathead screwdriver before cleaning
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

12. Default

hi, just wanted to know why you need to disconnect the neg battery terminal to do this? also any chance you could put the pics up.

thanks again,

Default Cleaning the MAF & IAT sensors

Quote Originally Posted by samk View Post
    hi, just wanted to know why you need to disconnect the neg battery terminal to do this? also any chance you could put the pics up.

thanks again,
    It's real easy dude I did the other day for the first time! Just buy the maf spray and spray the hell out of the sensors you see and the one down the holes. Don't stick nozzle in just spray. Let it dry for 5 mins, if that and reinstall. I wanted mine super clean so did it twice lol.
    I have no idea about battery but it takes 2secs so did it just to be safe.

You can get a cel from disconnecting the maf with the battery plugged in. I did it once thinking the car wouldn't notice if I plugged it back in before turning the ignition back on...she did.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash

15. Default

Has anyone got an updated guide for this with pictures as i do things much better when i see them instead of reading them .

Cleaned my pod filter and oiled, cleaned my MAF (was black before I cleaned it) and I drove around for around 2 kms and my KMs left on my dash went from 220kms down to 180kms. Is that normal or is that my car thinking more air need more fuel cos it was so dirty?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

No idea. That distance is a vague guestimtion at the best of times. Do you have a way to read LTFT? That should tell you if there are any changes in fueling. I wouldn't expect any measurable change at all though, unless it was absolutely filthy to the point that it was hindering measurements.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234