User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning the MAF & IAT sensors

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    Spot on, the above cleaner is like how LILZLR explained
    Like your username m8. . Spoken like 2 true Nissan owners

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Like your username m8. . Spoken like 2 true Nissan owners
    lol. No longer a Nissan owner, now Mazda and Mitsubishi ... still Nissan's at heart though

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Cleaned my MAF again last night after the last few weeks of my ride not feeling right, in general a little sluggish!

Had a good run this morning and what a difference - big improvement in throttle response and wants to rev again! thoroughly recommend doing this if you have a CAI or SRI.

Anyone have a pic of where the IAT sensor is?? the pic are broken
    Last edited by Rayd; 18-11-2010 at 04:31 PM.

The MAF sensor? Check out here for some pics if you like modifying-your-cold-air-intake-servicing-filter-maf-sensor

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    The MAF sensor? Check out here for some pics if you like modifying-your-cold-air-intake-servicing-filter-maf-sensor
    Nah i did that one :P

the IAT sensor.

The IAT is the sensor you can see. (Looks like a little bulb) The MAF is the small wires that you can see if you look inside the plastic housing.

(Intake Air Temperature Sensor)
    Last edited by boost; 07-03-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Better description

All the pics gone...hmmm.

Well I'll take some new ones and update it over the weekend if you can wait until then. Already doing the brake pads so may as well add a quick MAF clean also

Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    The IAT is on the MAF lol.

(Intake Air Temperature Sensor)
    Oh so its one sensor with two functions, got it! :P

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Oh so its one sensor with two functions, got it! :P
    Not quite...same holder but two different sensors on it.

The IAT is the bulb-like thing you can see when you remove the plastic sensor holder. Turn the plastic sensor holder upside down and look in the cavities either side of where the IAT (bulb) is. In there you will see two small metal 'spades', one on each side. This is the MAF sensor.

Hold out for a couple of days and I'll fix the pics up in the original post

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Not quite...same holder but two different sensors on it.

The IAT is the bulb-like thing you can see when you remove the plastic sensor holder. Turn the plastic sensor holder upside down and look in the cavities either side of where the IAT (bulb) is. In there you will see two small metal 'spades', one on each side. This is the MAF sensor.

Hold out for a couple of days and I'll fix the pics up in the original post
    Ahh ok! Thanks for clearing that up mate!

I just finished cleaning the IAT sensor! I bought a can of CRC MAF Sensor cleaning spray, works a treat!

It has been about 2 years since I last cleaned it so hoping it makes a slight difference in smoothness

HMMMMMMMM Will give this a go over once my SRI arrives!!!
    As the weekend dawns hope the weather stays clear so I can get out and play with the car!!!

Going to have to do this. I have a service coming up in a couple weeks. do you think if i asked them to, the service center would clean the MAF sensor for me?

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Going to have to do this. I have a service coming up in a couple weeks. do you think if i asked them to, the service center would clean the MAF sensor for me?
    Highly doubt it...or they'll say "yeah no worries" then have a chuckle and just charge you for nothing

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Bumping this up.

Yesterday decided to take a look at the IAT and MAF sensors on my car. The IAT sensor was pretty dirty.

Gave it a good clean with CRC contact cleaner.

Worth checking if you run a CAI or SRI.

Yesterday I took my K&N out to clean it and thought I better clean the MAF/IAT sensors (surprisingly not so dirty this time!). I used CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner.

Then before I even started the car I checked for error codes and got a P0113 - IAT Sensor High Voltage...coincidence!

Did you disconnect the battery before cleaning the sensor?

No, but I've not had a problem before?

A few other people mentioned CELs when they did not disconnect the battery.

I just took the negative terminal off the battery before removing the sensor just to be sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast