User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Throttle Flash

Default Full Throttle Flash

HI all,
    Is there any others than the Chip Toque or MRT that do full trottle flashes?

The CT flash still doesn't open to full throttle. Not in my car anyway. It previously opened to 70% and then gradually closed higher in the rev range, now, post flash, it opens to 80% and stays open.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    The CT flash still doesn't open to full throttle. Not in my car anyway. It previously opened to 70% and then gradually closed higher in the rev range, now, post flash, it opens to 80% and stays open.

Hey Troy the boys were telling me there's a ECU in production to replace the Mazda ECU which will give 100% throttle and we were talking about a deal where we can trade our old ECU's for the new one. Maybe something to ask on Dyno day on the 29th of May... You would understand more.. BTW not from Mazda i think it was Haltech ?????

THATS great. cant wait to get that im my car .. thats one thing that annoys me big time!! what the point of having it rev to 6500 redline cut out at 6800 if its HOPLESS after 5000 rpm..... stop it at 5500!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

240mps can you plz keep me posted to the updates of the ecu .. or if theres a link to watch the progess

+1 on any info on ecu progress to get 100% throttle. I'm 80% done with saving the cash to get the ecu done.

I thought 100% open is around 80-85%. I read once the way it calculates the % is based on the difference of ampage being used to power the throttle at idle and and at full throttle. So if it's using 1amp at idle, and 5amp at full throttle, there's your 4 out of 5 amps being used. It then calculates 4 out of 5 as a percentage so 80%. It doesn't actually mean you have 80% opening of throttle. That would mean a reading of 70% is closer to 85% actually open.

I could be totally wrong though...
    Last edited by Nuliaj; 15-05-2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

That is an interesting thought.

I'll look into that one.

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    THATS great. cant wait to get that im my car .. thats one thing that annoys me big time!! what the point of having it rev to 6500 redline cut out at 6800 if its HOPLESS after 5000 rpm..... stop it at 5500!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

240mps can you plz keep me posted to the updates of the ecu .. or if theres a link to watch the progess

I have questions for the boys on dyno day so the others may understand better no link sorry

9. Default

80% is fully open if your using the dashawk to scan the throttle PID. Depedning upon the vehicle manufacturer some read 100% open as 88% throttle opening as in almost 90degrees.

If this is correct chip torque is on my list again

If this is correct chip torque is on my list again
    I've notified CT about the thread. Maybe they can shed some info on the subject.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rob82 View Post
    80% is fully open if your using the dashawk to scan the throttle PID. Depedning upon the vehicle manufacturer some read 100% open as 88% throttle opening as in almost 90degrees.
    This is straight from the Tuner's mouth - Rob from ChipTorque (incognito).

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    This is straight from the Tuner's mouth - Rob from ChipTorque (incognito).

Leah @ CT
    Thanks.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but heres the deal:

i have decked my MPS6 with bolt ons, ive done SRI, Turboback exhaust, ETS 3.25" TMIC, turbosmart BPV and i have installed the Haltech Interceptor. i was planning to do a dyno tune on it, until i was made aware (by spiro from autotech) of the ECU throttle restriction that mazda put on the MPS's and which the haltech cannot alter...

i was wondering if there have been any progresses made in the way of re-flashing the ECU to remove this throttle restriction? i want it done ASAP but dont want to spend big $$$ and have to wait 2 weeks or whatever it is to get it done.

Cheers,
    ~Ray

sounds like u will be making big power now? 180-200kwatw? if this is the case leave the flash, as i made power 210kw+ and bent a rod. I feel this was due to 90% of the power still at 6500rpm was too much. Its up to u! but i would think forged rods before this.

HP-f do factory ecu flashes that gain 100% control over the throttle, opens the throttle up 100%, erases 1st and 2nd gear limiters (in the 3s). All from $795. Problem is for most of you, they're in Victoria. Lucky I got mine done while I was there... hehehe :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    HP-f do factory ecu flashes that gain 100% control over the throttle, opens the throttle up 100%, erases 1st and 2nd gear limiters (in the 3s). All from $795. Problem is for most of you, they're in Victoria. Lucky I got mine done while I was there... hehehe :P
    Mine should be happening before end of feb
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

sounds like u will be making big power now? 180-200kwatw? if this is the case leave the flash, as i made power 210kw+ and bent a rod. I feel this was due to 90% of the power still at 6500rpm was too much. Its up to u! but i would think forged rods before this.
    I don't know how much power it has atm, havnt done a dyno... But you bring up a good point... Hrrm, maybe the 5500rpm throttle shut is a good thing?

Also, in first and second is the only ECU limit the boost? Or is there more to it in first and second?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Mine should be happening before end of feb
    Hope you're booked in. I'm so excited for you !.!.!
    You'll pm me and go Faaaaaaaark yeah !.!.!
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Ecu limits boost by bleeding the exhaust gases out of the wastegate. The flash (that I have), shuts the wastegate and resumes full boost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast