User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Throttle Flash

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    sounds like u will be making big power now? 180-200kwatw? if this is the case leave the flash, as i made power 210kw+ and bent a rod. I feel this was due to 90% of the power still at 6500rpm was too much. Its up to u! but i would think forged rods before this.
    You had an aftermarket turbo
    Gen 2's also have a different ecu to 6mps and gen 1, just before anyone quotes the 200+ from the Tunehouse gen 2... although 2XS had 250+ on standard internals

Anyways... if you are in the eastern states, there is places in all major cities that can do full throttle flash and tune, don't know about WA and SA, think there is also more to the limiters than just boost
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Chiptorque here in QLD can do the full ECU flash for 3 MPS Gen 1 and 6MPS.

Mazda 3 has a boost limiter and torque limiter in 1,2,3 and 4th. Although 4th is like 95%.
    Mazda 6 is a little different, they don't need the torque limiters in the lower gears due to AWD, but, they still have the throttle closing above 5200rpm ish.

Most places that flash tune the MPS, can remove the limiters.

The issue with the turbo, it produces heat after 18psi, stick to 17psi to be safe. It is also out of puff by around 5200rpm.

Make sure you get someone that can tune an MPS properly before you go getting it done. We don't want to hear about another MPS Zoom Zoom Boom story.

That's my $4500 worth.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Chiptorque here in QLD can do the full ECU flash for 3 MPS Gen 1 and 6MPS.

Mazda 3 has a boost limiter and torque limiter in 1,2,3 and 4th. Although 4th is like 95%.
    Mazda 6 is a little different, they don't need the torque limiters in the lower gears due to AWD, but, they still have the throttle closing above 5200rpm ish.

Most places that flash tune the MPS, can remove the limiters.

The issue with the turbo, it produces heat after 18psi, stick to 17psi to be safe. It is also out of puff by around 5200rpm.

Make sure you get someone that can tune an MPS properly before you go getting it done. We don't want to hear about another MPS Zoom Zoom Boom story.

That's my $4500 worth.
    Wow thanks for the info, so really... In my 6 there wouldn't be much advantage to getting the full throttle flash, since the turbo is out of juice at the same point where the throttle is forced closed by the ECU... So the haltech tune would effectively give me a similar max power with a dyno tune than a full flash with dyno tune?

Although Troy, my dyno sheets show I now make peak power at 6,000RPM... then slowly drops off to 6,500 redline... I'm not sure when my fuel cut is... hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Wow thanks for the info, so really... In my 6 there wouldn't be much advantage to getting the full throttle flash, since the turbo is out of juice at the same point where the throttle is forced closed by the ECU... So the haltech tune would effectively give me a similar max power with a dyno tune than a full flash with dyno tune?
    The Haltech (along with XEDE and all the other interceptors) only control air, fuel and timing. It "intercepts" signals and "misleads" the ECU into thinking something else. It can make the same PEAK power, it's how it makes it down lower in the rev range, that's where you use it the most.

Best value for money and in the long run, go with the flash. It can control so many other variables that an Interceptor can't, throttle, boost and torque limits etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Although Troy, my dyno sheets show I now make peak power at 6,000RPM... then slowly drops off to 6,500 redline... I'm not sure when my fuel cut is... hmmmm
    Any good tuner can make the car make power, it's just the better ones know how to make the power everywhere for longer

Fuel cut won't be reached unless you have an overfueling issue
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Ok,

after doing some searching, it seems the most cost effective way to flash the ECU is by using the Hypertech Max Energy Sport device... will this completely remove the before mentioned restrictions?

The Haltech (along with XEDE and all the other interceptors) only control air, fuel and timing. It "intercepts" signals and "misleads" the ECU into thinking something else. It can make the same PEAK power, it's how it makes it down lower in the rev range, that's where you use it the most.

Best value for money and in the long run, go with the flash. It can control so many other variables that an Interceptor can't, throttle, boost and torque limits etc.

Any good tuner can make the car make power, it's just the better ones know how to make the power everywhere for longer

Fuel cut won't be reached unless you have an overfueling issue
    Just like HP-f...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

use the Hypertech sport and than get the haltech retuned! u will be served very well, thats a simular thing to what i have with cpe flash and cpe standback. Just be careful running masive power above 5500rpm pull it off after this! Or if u want to clear the 6000rpm have a back up plan in place for rods just in case ur's goes

If you decide to run the Hypertech tune, save some money for the future. You'll be needing it. Generic tunes like this are very dangerous if you accidentally flash the wrong thing. Nirvandan had his car running at 22psi Not good. Unknown to him until the free dyno run revieled it at Chiptorque.

Spend the money and have it custom flash tuned to your car and mods.

If you decide to run the Hypertech tune, save some money for the future. You'll be needing it. Generic tunes like this are very dangerous if you accidentally flash the wrong thing. Nirvandan had his car running at 22psi Not good. Unknown to him until the free dyno run revieled it at Chiptorque.

+1
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Ok,

after doing some searching, it seems the most cost effective way to flash the ECU is by using the Hypertech Max Energy Sport device... will this completely remove the before mentioned restrictions?
    +1 I got the hypertech and it was money well spent, Im happy how the car feels plus the support you get from the Hypertech guys is pretty good considering they are on the other side of the globe.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Nirvandan had his car running at 22psi Not good. Unknown to him until the free dyno run revieled it at Chiptorque.

Not unknown to me I got a Dash-Hawk.

Nothing than a couple of emails to the HyperTech guys couldnt fix, car currently running at 19psi and they still looking into trying a few other things.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Lol my MPS frequently hit 22-23PSI on the highway or in 4th-5th gear pulls despite the haltech being set at 19PSI, i was abit edgey with these settings so i set it to 17 PSI and now it usually stays within 17-19PSI , sometimes reaches 20-21 on cold nights....

anyway, im still skeptical about which method to use... hypertech (for $400) + haltech retune ($550 from spiro @ Autotech) or complete ECU flash + retune ($1650 , same place) ... $700 difference... :S

Keep searching, You should be able to get a flash tune for closer to the $11-1200 area.

Have you tried Tunehouse? (They are a site sponsor)

You can also sell the Haltech and recover some funds too.

Keep searching, You should be able to get a flash tune for closer to the $11-1200 area.

Have you tried Tunehouse? (They are a site sponsor)

You can also sell the Haltech and recover some funds too.
    Ye mate, tried them they want $1700

btw: whats your opinion on these things?
    http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...t-killer-.html

Don't increase boost without increasing fuel, spark and decreasing timing. Big probs await for that boost cut...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Did you tell them you were from OzMPSclub? They offer a discount for forum members.

The BCD is only a band-aid approach. The flash can eliminate any and all boost/fuel, cuts/limiters.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

interested on the haltech option 240mps was talking about ill look in to that as we are a haltech dealer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12