User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long did your original Bridgestone RE050s last?

1. Default

I have around 38-40 psi in my tyres depending on what I'm doing.

Lower profile tyres need more pressure because of the stiffer sidewall. This prevents the sides from rubbing out before the centre.

I do mostly city driving (approx 80%) and am just about to get some Toyo's put on this Saturday. The odometer reads just under 32k, and the tyres are evenly scrubbed out. They're a little less than legal atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    I have around 38-40 psi in my tyres depending on what I'm doing.

Lower profile tyres need more pressure because of the stiffer sidewall. This prevents the sides from rubbing out before the centre.

I do mostly city driving (approx 80%) and am just about to get some Toyo's put on this Saturday. The odometer reads just under 32k, and the tyres are evenly scrubbed out. They're a little less than legal atm.
    Toyo's? which ones?
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

30,500km and on the wear markers

hehe, 35k and absolutely nothing left.
    Newbies coming next fortnight.

9500km and almost gone, about 1.5mm to go....

Coming up to 52,000. Nuts isn't it?

I credit 7-10K periodic visits to Rick's Wheel Alignment at Albion for that, and my mature and very sensible driving style. Clarry will vouch for that, eh?!

Ordered a set of Sumitomo HRT ZIII 225/45/18s from TyrePower Albion $248 which are currently on the ocean, expected before month end.

Cheers to all....
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJudd View Post
    Coming up to 52,000. Nuts isn't it?

I credit 7-10K periodic visits to Rick's Wheel Alignment at Albion for that, and my mature and very sensible driving style. Clarry will vouch for that, eh?!

Ordered a set of Sumitomo HRT ZIII 225/45/18s from TyrePower Albion $248 which are currently on the ocean, expected before month end.

Cheers to all....
    Chris
    I got 42K outta my OEM tyres and thought that was good...but i wasnt very sensible...more spirited.

But yeah....52K is nutz....

Im on my 3rd set now....but i do have 91K on the clock....

The token black man...has about the same amount of kms...but 4 more sets than me

Happy Motoring
    duglet

i got 20,000kms out of mine, do mostly city driving rarely any highway... did tyre rotations every 5,000kms and ran 42psi front and rear...

i now got 225/35R20's on the cx9 wheels just wondering if anyone knows what the optimum psi is to run on these?

24000 km .....nice mix of city highway long trips and good thrashings so im pretty happy !

Quote Originally Posted by PAZ04U View Post
    i got 20,000kms out of mine, do mostly city driving rarely any highway... did tyre rotations every 5,000kms and ran 42psi front and rear...

i now got 225/35R20's on the cx9 wheels just wondering if anyone knows what the optimum psi is to run on these?
    With a profile that low, you'd want to be careful on rough roads! Around 40psi should be OK, but I'm not a tyre expert, so would probably ask your tyre retailer for their professional opinion. Also frequently check your tyre wear and if the centre is wearing quicker then they are over inflated, the reverse for under inflation.
    Hope this helps a bit!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Hi ToxicMPS & Shakespeare,
    On your Goodyear Eagles F1 GS-D3, What tyre size you chosed for your MPS6? Dont think they have it on 215-45-18 spec at the moment.

Los Palmas7, I went with 225/40/18 on 7.5" rims not stock. It is not safe to run 40 series at 225 width on 7" rims (45 series OK)

In the end I swapped my 40 series Goodyears for 45 series Yokohama S-Drives in the same width, main reason, as I have it lowered on coilovers the front was very low with the 40 series and the ride was harsh, the 45's give me a bit more clearance and more rubber to absorb the bumps.

Anyway back on topic, the Goodyear's gave me about 15,000kms and were only 35% worn, and so far the Yokohama's are pretty similar in wear to the Potenza's (ie. I should see about 32,000kms)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

i am up to just under 19k on mine and i would say i still have bout 50% maybe a little less

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rooballer View Post
    9500km and almost gone, about 1.5mm to go....
    hahaha good effort rooballer. show those tyres no mercy
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

Got 32klms from Oem Potenzas,80% highway travelling ,boosted to 40psi and rotated every 5k . Thought that was reasonable for sticky compound.

Have 26,500k's on my Oem Potenzas I rotate them every 5000 to 6000k's and Bob Jane was only telling me last week I still had 12000 to 15000k's left on them and I run 38psi with Nitro in the tyres....

Currently with 23,500kms, still have about 6mm thread left on the centre. Hope it will last till 40,000kms.

I am on the wear indicators on my original OEMs at 61,000km. Will be fitting new tyres at the end of the year. Very happy with the milage & the performance of the OEMs.

18. Default

oh wow 61,000 that must be a record

I will be fitting 4 of Falken Ziex ZE912 225/40 soon......Mel you wouldn't have another 3 tyres up for sale in the near future ??

20. Default

no sorry just had the one on my spare wheel

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast