User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How long did your original Bridgestone RE050s last?

10000kms changed the rims so now can run with 225/18/45 much cheaper tyres kuhmo estanza

Quote Originally Posted by Adam0509 View Post
    The Bridgestone RE050 were OK. But were too soft and too expen$ive.
    Bought new Falken Ziex ZE329. Only about $185 for 215/45X17.
    Might try the Falken FK452 next.
    I had the Falken ST-115 on my Liberty, and these had good grip in the dry and wet and good wear. Too bad they don't make them any more.
    The FK452 are ok for everyday driving but for Track use a big for mountain runs good for daily driving but start to give way when needed so to speak, I'm running 235/40/18 on 8" rims and rotate every 5 to 6k's and the inside edges are wearing the outside are from self inflicted damages but not worn in like the inside's . So far I've done 22,000k's on them with about 10,000k's fingers crossed before replacing them with a different brand, my bridges got me to 36,000k's with even wear right across the tyre and are still good for another 5to 6,000k's if I throw the original rims and tyres back on.... I run 38psi and Nitro in the tyres which helps retain the tyre temp for normal driving and competitive/track driving ....... I put my longtivity of tyre were from good lines and nitro in the tyres which retains the right pressure under extreme conditions.....FULL STOP.

Bullshit. The Falken 452 are not OK for any kind of driving. The case construction is a bad joke and the compound went out of date when they stopped manufacturing solid bicycle tyres in Bulgaria in 1932. Wet or dry the only accurate description of the 452 is unsafe.

I know of more people who removed 452's before they wore, than people who ran them to the end. They are that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Bullshit. The Falken 452 are not OK for any kind of driving. The case construction is a bad joke and the compound went out of date when they stopped manufacturing solid bicycle tyres in Bulgaria in 1932. Wet or dry the only accurate description of the 452 is unsafe.

I know of more people who removed 452's before they wore, than people who ran them to the end. They are that bad.

I never wanted to unmind someone who knows Fkn everything, I understand some people need better tyres to help with there lack of driving experience, I said the tyres were ok ,better then $69 tyres that people buy I will never buy them again and I would put my life on Bridgestones any day of the week. Bridgestones have saved me many times than any good year would.....
    I thought this was a public forum with people's experiences they have had with their own tyres. Happy to have read your comments without making a shit fight out of it.... But I do take offence to you calling Bridgestones crapstone NOW that I think of it.....

Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With more comments....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 26-10-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: With more comments

I threw a set of Bridgestone Adrenalin's onto the wife's MX5. Absolutely love them. The car handles everything that I can throw at it with a minimum of fuss, wet or dry.

With the Yokos that were on it before, I could four-wheel drift nicely on corner exits, these are harder to do that with because they just stick to the road much better.

The car has ticked over about 20,000k since putting them on. Still plenty of meat on them. Reckon there's easily 40,000+kms in them

If the bridgestones RE050 were priced right I would buy them everyday.... I hope this helps with your next purchase......... We are here to help with our own experiences with tyres we have trialed, tyres will suit for different individuals for different reasons and cars...... Good luck with your choice...... I went with FK452 because they were recommend here on the forum at the time, they haven't suited me for what I wanted so I won't be buying them again, like I said these tyres didn't suit me but may be what your looking for if others have recommended to me before. NOT FOR ME THOUGH...

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I threw a set of Bridgestone Adrenalin's onto the wife's MX5. Absolutely love them. The car handles everything that I can throw at it with a minimum of fuss, wet or dry.

With the Yokos that were on it before, I could four-wheel drift nicely on corner exits, these are harder to do that with because they just stick to the road much better.

The car has ticked over about 20,000k since putting them on. Still plenty of meat on them. Reckon there's easily 40,000+kms in them
    +1 on the Adrenalins. Though they didnt last quite that long on the MPS3

I'm going to give the Yoko AD08's a go next. If not stoked with them I'll be coming back to the Adrenalins.

I *REALLY* hated the RE050's. Imo the Adrenalins were a 100fold improvement on those in every way.

/2c

Well I've had 225/45/18 FK452's on for 40000km and they've been reasonable as long as the pressures were kept in the sweet spot. On the wear markers now though so they're due to come off.

Next set I'll grab will probably be Kumho KU31 or KU36, still undecided...

currently getting KU-36 fitted to mine i'll see how they go, would of loved to try Adrenalins but cost is a lot, maybe next time depends on how long the KU36 last me, original stones lasted me 51 and had like 2 - 3 k left on them max.
    What are people paying for Adrenalins in a 225/45/18 size?

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS;137773.... But I do take offence to you calling Bridgestones crapstone NOW that I think of it..... [/COLOR
    [/FONT]
    I suppose you would think 452's are OK when you compare them to CRAPSTONE. Go ahead and be offended.

Of the six different tyres I have run on the MPS, I found the crapstone and the 452 to be the least safe, by a significant margin.

Given that I have a masters degree in safety and risk management and given that I work as an accident investigator, it’s natural that I will share my experience on this forum when it relates to safety.

It sends shivers up my spine when I see people considering buying 452’s. They are an awful tyre.

Gone to Volvo

Each to their own with tyres.
    Everyone has their own needs so one set that is great for you may not be for another.

I had Avon tyres on my GTi-R they were great, but when it was wet they were a lot scary. When warn I changed to cheap GT radials that the tyre shop had just got in and had never sold before so he got me to try them. Said if I wasn't happy just bring them back. The Avons were $330 each, the GT's were $120.
    The GT's were better in every way.

I never got to drive my mps with the bridgestones. Except for the test drive. Had the brand new wheels and tyres from my sp23 fitted when I traded it.
    Khumo KU19. Cheap crap tyres if you read the reviews.
    However, they are quiet, round, black, hold air, done 23,000km and plenty of tread left, and I've never been in a situation where the tyres wouldn't hold on. What more do you want?
    I can't complain.
    I'm not a race car driver, I don't race my car, I don't get left behind on spirted mps cruises. If I can't keep up it because of my confidence or ability not the car or the tyres.

Point is, these cheap "crap" tyres are suited for what I want.

Did probably 40,000km (still had good tread left when sold them) on dads bridgstones that were OEM on his mps (fitted to my SP23)
    Couldn't complain too much about them either, the nangkangs fitted after were quieter however and gripped better. The bridgstones were good, but very poor value.

Sometimes I think that the more you spend the more you "think" that they are better

Tyres are vigorously tested before they are put on sale, so really any tyre that is legally sold in Australia and has been approved CAN'T be crap, they might just not suit what YOU want

Just replaced my old original factory fitted RE-050A's yesterday after 42,000 klms. Not too bad I reckon.
    Replaced them with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's. $340 per corner fitted at Jax Quickfit at Mitchelton in Brisbane.

I am curious, I am still on stock tyres and has been since I bought the car 3 years ago. The car has done almost 68000 k's and still havent heard anything from the mechanics about changing the tyres.........

I'm up to 63k on the OEM tyres now. The fronts are pretty much screwed now (haven't rotated them in a while) but the rears are still above wear indicator. Will be replacing the fronts this weekend =)

Thats gotta be some sort of record ......i was pushing 25k on the originals.

My daughter drives pretty quietly and got 62,000km on the Bridgestone RE050 Potenzas in her Series 1 MPS3. I got 33,000 on my MPS6 (pre-mods) but there was 1mm of legal meat left. I hated them so much I got rid of them early, changing to the current tyres - see signature. No regrets. I wouldn't give the Potenzas garage room, especially at the unjustifiable price.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 05-10-2011 at 11:55 AM.

18. Default

For me about 3000m

folie lg g4
    Last edited by chiprose789; 10-07-2015 at 04:58 PM.

I bought the 6MPS when it had about 9,000km on it. I replaced the original OEM Bridgestones at around 28,000km. Still just legal tread, but why take the chance.
    Replaced with Kuhmo Ru 31's...much quieter than the 050's and stick like shit to a blanket in most conditions.
    Have done 20,000 on them and plenty of tread left.

I have put PS4's recently and they have been a big step up from the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport. One big plus is the noise reduction - it does make a difference. They just feel right overall which is unscientific but that's it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast