User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long did your original Bridgestone RE050s last?

35000 out of mine rotated every 5000 or so

I got 47,000km out of the OEM tires. I get a wheel alighment + rotation every 10,000km, but most of my driving (85%+) is done on the hwy. I also run a little more pressure in my tires (about 40psi).

I'm on a set of Pirelli P-Zero Rosso now and have done about 30,000km on them so far.

Cheers,
    Spud

I got 38 K out of 2 of mine, other 2 got bolts in them and replaced with Yoko's that were worn in no time, So I replaced all of them with same Potenzas as original. Cost $420each fitted from Jobsons Bridgestone.

I've got 24000 on mine, done 3000 myself, reckon i could get another 6 months with wheelspin, but conservatively probably 12000kms more left in em.

25,000 of the Bridgies

Currently up to 20,000kms on the Hankooks and they are pretty much stuffed.

seems tyre wear is better on the oem tyres. I am on my third set of tyres 2 oem and these crap ones i got with my rims. i got around 20k each set of them

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

I got 47500 out of mine, 50/50 highway/city

8. Default

I'm just over 20,000ks on my 050's and I reckon, at best I'll get about another 10k out of them, that's gonna be a stretch tho...

Do probably 20% freeway driving, the rest around town.

I'm the second owner of my 6 MPS. When I bought it , it had 13,000 ks on the clock and the bridgestones were cactus. I changed them at 15,000 to Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s. I deliberated quite a bit as to whether I should stay with the Bridgestones but 13,000km was not good enough I thought.

I run the Eagles at 37 psi, and rotate them every service(10,000). The clock is at 47,000 atm and they are still going very well in terms of wear, not much wear is evident at all really !! I'm quite surprised.

To me they feel as grippy as the bridgestones in the dry, about the same tyre noise, and they are much better in the wet. The only thing I noticed that is worse is that they have a tendency to tramline if there is a particular type of wave or corrugation in the asphalt. It doesn't do it all the time and its very mild but its enough to notice. Overall I much prefer the Eagles and they were a bit cheaper too!!

Hey ToxicMPS I've got F1 GS-D3's too and so far after 10,000 km they have hardly worn (probably 15-20%) and I've been driving them similarly to the RE050A's which got 32,000km. I've also notice tramlining but getting used to it and haven't really noticed a change in grip, though we haven't had too many wet days in the last 8 months so will see how I go after winter. BTW

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Hey ToxicMPS I've got F1 GS-D3's too and so far after 10,000 km they have hardly worn (probably 15-20%) and I've been driving them similarly to the RE050A's which got 32,000km. I've also notice tramlining but getting used to it and haven't really noticed a change in grip, though we haven't had too many wet days in the last 8 months so will see how I go after winter. BTW
    Hi shakespeare,
    Thanks for the welcome, very glad to be here. Had my car for a while but didn't know about you guys until I bumped onto the forum on the net. Learned heaps just reading thru the posts.

Interesting that you got 32 k out of the bridgestones and mine were done by 13k. I have a sick feeling that the previous owner was thrashing the car. ( just had a front control arm boot and engine mount replaced under warranty, and I really baby the car )

25000 from my bridgestone, back tyres are still in smick condition. I dont rotate my tyres around, only due to the fact the way i see things..i rather change to tyres at a time than oppose to all four.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicMPS View Post

Interesting that you got 32 k out of the bridgestones and mine were done by 13k. I have a sick feeling that the previous owner was thrashing the car. ( just had a front control arm boot and engine mount replaced under warranty, and I really baby the car )
    That would have to either be a serious amount of track work or just bad alignment to get them to wear that quickly!!! I drive mine with enthusiasm most times (about 30% highway, 70% city), but always maintain even tyre pressure (40psi) regular rotation and alignment/balance if required (10K) not sure about the engine mount or boot though? Either way hope you enjoy the car and it gives you many years of happy motoring.

Thanks for the kind words shakespeare !!

It seems everybody runs their tyres on different pressures. How come you are on 40 psi? Isn't it too much? Aren't you getting more wear in the middle of the tyre?

Hey ToxicMPS, good question - So far wear has been even, a couple of reasons why I run at 40PSI, 1) During the Mazda Advanced Driver Training the instructor suggested 40psi (cold) for track and everyday use - less likely for tyre temps to rise dramatically, so therefore a more consistent pressure all round as temps do rise. 2) When I got the Goodyears the tyre guys recommended 40psi too for similar reasons, so therefore I run at 40psi, the ride's probably a little firmer but I suppose there is also less rolling resistance, so improved fuel economy (though I don't see this due to the way I drive!) I find this site helpful for some of the curly type questions (page 2 about 3/4 of the way down) Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 2 of 2
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Chris

16. Default

I run 42PSI in the front and 40 PSI in the rear, this was also recommended to me by the guy at a tyre place. I also get them rotated, balanced and aligned if necessary every 5000k and not at mazda, I get JAX to do them directly and always tell Mazda to leave the tyres, rotation etc alone.

17. Default

hmmmm i managed 43000km on mine ... normally i run 40psi in the front and 38psi in the rear ... you'll find that everyone runs different pressures because they want different things from their car

Very interesting comments. I have noticed my front tyres always running hotter( with both front and back at 37) . I will try 40 psi in front and 38 in the back and see if the temperatures even out.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicMPS View Post
    Very interesting comments. I have noticed my front tyres always running hotter( with both front and back at 37) . I will try 40 psi in front and 38 in the back and see if the temperatures even out.
    My way of thinking is the fronts will always run a fair bit hotter due to the extra load they are under (steering, powerdown, more weight over the front-end, and more braking than the rear), whereas the rears are pretty much just being dragged along.

Personally i run 41 in the front, 39 in the rear. This has given me the most even wear and very crisp handling, obviously at the expense of ride comfort.

Thanks kblume,

will try the higher pressures and see how it goes. I don't mind sacrificing ride comfort for crisper handling !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast