User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust flange

Default Exhaust flange

Hi everyone I was wanting to do a dump in the cx before I get a tune. Does anyone know were I can buy the flange that comes off the turbo?

Also after I fit it will I be able to drive to the tuner with all the boost cut probs everyone gets or will i need to tow?

I guess you mean a dump pipe (DP) (and not just a dump, for which a loo would be more appropriate! ;-) If you get a DP it will have the turbo outlet flange as part of it. I'd recommend the CP_e DP. You can see a photo of it on MPS Garage' website. I don't know if it is different at the outlet end to that on the MPS6. Ask MPSG.

It's not boost cut problems some people get (that I am aware of) but CELs. It shouldn't throw up CELs anyway. Disconnect the battery before attempting the install and remove the O2 sensors not just from the exhaust (carefully and using the correct socket) and also from the two inside connectors - it saves twisting the wires.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I guess you mean a dump pipe (DP) (and not just a dump, for which a loo would be more appropriate! ;-) If you get a DP it will have the turbo outlet flange as part of it. I'd recommend the CP_e DP. You can see a photo of it on MPS Garage' website. I don't know if it is different at the outlet end to that on the MPS6. Ask MPSG.

It's not boost cut problems some people get (that I am aware of) but CELs. It shouldn't throw up CELs anyway. Disconnect the battery before attempting the install and remove the O2 sensors not just from the exhaust (carefully and using the correct socket) and also from the two inside connectors - it saves twisting the wires.
    thats funny "5HIT". I should have put a bit more info. I have a mate building the DP for me so Im just after the flange only.
    2007 Aurora Blue Mazda Cx7 ,on 20's, Pedders lowered springs, high flow cat and muffler, FMIC, CPE cai, TurboXS bov, 2 x Kid seats.

As I said at Willowbank. I have the DP flanges coming in approx 2 weeks.

Making and fitting the DP won't have any issues with boost or CELs. It's only when you don't have the cat, or position the O2 in the wrong spot, you can get a CEL.

Tell old mate (I forgot his name, he only said "hello"on Friday) to give me a PM and I'll run through what and where it all needs to go.

You are northside? Is he southside?

I have this type? Or are you after a single opening type?

Last edited by 2XS; 03-05-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Will do, thanks for your help. Cant wait till they are done. Let me know.