User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2XS FMIC intercooler - dyno proven 22.4kw ATW gain over standard TMIC. Info inside.

I'm not nit-picking, but, the boost pressure is increased in yours. More boost = more power.

The dyno print-out for Talldans has no boost increase and produces more power.

I'm not saying mine is the "Be all and end all", I'm just pointing it out.

Yeah, the HDi intercooler is Tube and Fin rather than Bar and Plate and is designed for low pressure drop.

Quite a few years ago when I owned an Evo 6, I upgraded the intercooler from Hybrid B&P to Hybrid T&F without changing the piping (It was literally a $600, 1 hour upgrade). Saw the same effect - boost went up about 2 psi and 5 extra kw without touching the tune or the boost controller.

I don't want to get into a "mine is better than yours" argument, especially since I've been a customer of Hybrid since they tuned my S2000 back in 1999, but I have been loyal to them for many many years for a reason, and that's because I know they don't BS me around by fiddling with the dynos. The very first time I brought my S2000 to them to fit a Perfect Power ECU, they admitted they could only get a 1-3kw gain. It'd be pretty easy for them to fake a dyno run and tell me they got more, but they didn't.

yes tube n fin will flow more air than bar n plate. if you look inside of one you will see why. That is why jap brands like ARC are phenomenally expensive as they have the best of both worlds, ie. low pressure drop + good cooling properties

I'd like to see dynos of fitting a FMIC after doing intake and dump. Still cant understand why FMIC would give so much performance increase, even though the graph is there... lol

intake temps aside, the only other thing that would effect performance would be the airflow through the system. Is the stock top mount really restrictive, as on a dyno there wouldn't be too much heatsoak in a top mount?
    Last edited by lup15; 04-08-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    yes tube n fin will flow more air than bar n plate. if you look inside of one you will see why. That is why jap brands like ARC are phenomenally expensive as they have the best of both worlds, ie. low pressure drop + good cooling properties

I'd like to see dynos of fitting a FMIC after doing intake and dump. Still cant understand why FMIC would give so much performance increase, even though the graph is there... lol

intake temps aside, the only other thing that would effect performance would be the airflow through the system. Is the stock top mount really restrictive, as on a dyno there wouldn't be too much heatsoak in a top mount?
    I should be able to give to answer that question soon. I got an intake and dump pipe which I'll get dyno on before I get 2XS FMIC. I can't wait to see the results for myself! Keep everyone updated.

I want one of these sooo much... Regardless of the gains.. lol

IIRC a similarly unexpected gain was had with one of the aftermarket TMIC's.... Hyperflow maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    I should be able to give to answer that question soon. I got an intake and dump pipe which I'll get dyno on before I get 2XS FMIC. I can't wait to see the results for myself! Keep everyone updated.
    awesome. awaiting with great interest

Well last week I got a 2XS FMIC installed by yours truly. I was unable to get a dyno prior to install which defeated the purpose but getting one so anyway. It feels great to drive boost is comes earlier but I really need a tune as seems to be running a rich. An excellent mod and highly recommend it. 2XS Frount mount intercooler FTW!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234