User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2XS FMIC intercooler - dyno proven 22.4kw ATW gain over standard TMIC. Info inside.

I got my gain from your heat sheild.. i'm keen

Hows the fmic coming along? as i might be keen! if you want a test car for nsw condictons

days turn into weeks, now it looks to be only 1 month away.

Have you thought about a $$?

Sounds good. Looking forward to it Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Have you thought about a $$?
    Around the 1K mark

ok 2xs keep me posted

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    ok 2xs keep me posted
    Will do.

Keep a look out for the "Site Vendor" section
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Their allowing you to sell stuff 2xs? that's crazy talk there!

Default 2XS FMIC intercooler - dyno proven 22.4kw ATW gain over standard TMIC. Info inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus
    Their allowing you to sell stuff 2xs? that's crazy talk there!
    :s how's that? Someone hasn't been reading the announcements section

The prototype pipe set is now off my car after 5000km of testing so the production sets can be made. Watch this space!

hey buddy, just got a question for you, i got a gen 2 3mps only mods ive got is intake and fmic, i have not done the exhaust yet, i feel that ive lost power, like restricted? i can feel a big power build up but then it cannot break thru the stock exhaust?
    i think maybe its recieving to much air n the stock ecu is confused?, also sometimes my CEL comes on, but when i dont boot it at all it stays off but when i give it a hard time it comes on.. hrm.. im very confused, wondering if you know whats goin on? and what mods have u done to yours?
    cheeers!
    mickee

He has FMIC and CAI only.

Awesome Work Troy...!

When you making a CDFP Kit :P

Quote Originally Posted by mickee View Post
    hey buddy, just got a question for you, i got a gen 2 3mps only mods ive got is intake and fmic, i have not done the exhaust yet, i feel that ive lost power, like restricted? i can feel a big power build up but then it cannot break thru the stock exhaust?
    i think maybe its recieving to much air n the stock ecu is confused?, also sometimes my CEL comes on, but when i dont boot it at all it stays off but when i give it a hard time it comes on.. hrm.. im very confused, wondering if you know whats goin on? and what mods have u done to yours?
    cheeers!
    mickee
    Hey Mickee,

No CEL issues with mine. Can definitely notice the extra grunt with the FMIC, although if you're picky the extra bit of lag is noticable too. As Troy (2XS) mentioned, my only power related mods are intake (Cold Air) and the intercooler. Dunno what would be up with yours, could be a few things. Done the basics yet? (clamps and pipes checking for leaks etc, both intake and FMIC). If not, are you able to get your error codes for the CEL read by someone? That will lead you straight to the issue.

Good luck!
    Dan

Mickee , what sort of intake mod have u got.

It's all custom

correct MAF housing diameter?

I got a custom FMIC kit for my MPS 6. A bit of a quid pro quo for Hybrid Design International (Same guys that used to make all the intercoolers that everyone copied) - I look after their networks, they look after my car. Results were nearly identical 23kw gain. Boost does come on earlier, and there is definitely a substantial improvement in performance. I'm still waiting for a tune to see if we can get a bit more out of it.

I think he's releasing a kit for it. When I get back to Sydney (Currently in Melb on a business trip) I'll post photos and dyno charts. It looks great fitted - no cutting involved, but with the hood up, the plastic shield is gone and the new pipe is quite obvious that it's not stock.

I'm not a "vendor" and don't know if this comment qualifies as advertising since I can't even sell it to you, but hopefully it's more 'proof' that FMIC kits work and have repeatable, consistent results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCAN0164.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	4750

Here ya go. Installed by HDi, tested by JEM - hopefully there's some independance there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast