User Tag List

Thread: Mx5 completed suspension.

Default Mx5 completed suspension.

Suspension-wise my 2007 MX5 NC had the following:

-Whiteline front swaybar
    -Whiteline rear swaybar
    -Eibach Pro Kit

While the Eibachs were a decent match for the stock shocks, I was left wanting more. After doing much research on shocks and coil-overs, I decided to try the Bilstein B8's. OK, I've only driven the car twice since it's been done and it does need time to settle in, but the difference is fantastic, and surprising! So far the ride quality is far better in every situation, smooth or rough road. I wasn't expecting this. Comfort is arguably better!? It's much better over rougher roads. But the best part is the turn-in on cornering. There is no more front end dipping down into the corner. Its SO much flatter, handles like it's on rails. A consequence of this flatter ride is that the DSC hardly comes on, that's a huge plus. I was happy with the ride height due to the Eibachs' and this has been preserved. The comfort is so close to stock that this really is the way the car should have been!

I highly recommend this setup for the street, particularity so if you are thinking of coil-overs and are unsure of which way to proceed. It's probably and awesome occasional track set up as well. I suspect 80%+ of the ride performance is due to the Eibach's and Bilsteins combo, while the Whiteline sways are the icing on the cake. So if you are stock, you could even consider the Eibachs and Bilsteins first as that me be enough.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Bring on merimbula then. That should bed everything quite nicely.
    Just don't forget about the rest of us trying to keep up!

I've been thinking about the exact same combo for my car. Hope the results would be the same

Currently running Eibachs and on the hunt for shocks, will add the B8's to my list. Good write up!