User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPS Bonnet Scoop for SP25 ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ma View Post
    hey people,
    i recently bought a sp25 but its just not special enough so ive decided to get the mps hood scoop, is there any recommendations where i should/can get it from ?
    thanks
    I think the guys have had a fair opinion about the Bonnet Scoop so I won't comment too much on that topic. As I read you post, I gather that you're not happy with the stock look of your SP25? (Hence the Bonnet Scoop idea) Ideally, if its your time and your cash, do what ever makes you happy mate. Although it would serve no real purpose other than providing extra air flow to the top of the engine, the bonnet would serve as an interesting feature but the fella's are right it would more likely be a waste of money and you might attract the wrong attention from people. Generally I would respectfully say don't bother

Seeing you've recently picked up the car, you have to ask yourself what you want to do to it. I've never been a fan of making a car look ridiculously modified but rather like a limited stock sports edition. For example, massive stickers, chrome rims, GTR spoilers etc. They all attract the wrong kind of attention. Seeing as a MPS Bonnet would set you back at least a grand, also not knowing if it will indeed fit (I wanted an MPS grille on my Luxury Sport but the whole front end is different) maybe you could put that cash towards some other mods.

A bit of Friendly advice below FYI

Wheels - The SP25 comes with 17" stock which are actually not bad even left stock. You may want to consider bigger or remain the same size. After market rims would look great, but you're other option is painting the wheels. Often black is a great stock-look and gives the car a great appearance but also retaining a limited stock edition kind of feel to the car kind of like STi, Ralliart or TRD

Tint - Definitely a dark tint would look great and work a treat in summer

Brakes - Usually painting the Callipers adds a stunning contrast. A bright colour under a black rim always looks good IMO

Suspension - Whether its springs or coilovers a lowered car always looks better than stock and provides a means of driving a completely different feeling car

Lights - Not sure if they come with HID lights or not but that may be something to consider. A cool blue-white 6000K gives a modern bright and sharp look in both day and night. Interior lighting can usually be changed also. The old yellow wedge globes can be exchanged for any colour LED (including park lights)

Exhaust and Intake You may want to give the car a little added performance and get rid of the vacuum cleaner sound. Various possibilities here, CAI, SRI, custom?

The finer things Get creative! I love spending time on my ride, try something you've seen before or something new. Such as, Spraying the badges, adding gauges, a custom sound system, de-badging the list goes on...

Just keep in mind mate, we've all been P platers we all know how to attract attention. The P on the window and a set of rims is enough for cops to want to follow you. Not saying that should stop you...not at all. For now, enjoy your car, post up and mods you have or plan to do.

Hope that helps

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I think the guys have had a fair opinion about the Bonnet Scoop so I won't comment too much on that topic. As I read you post, I gather that you're not happy with the stock look of your SP25? (Hence the Bonnet Scoop idea) Ideally, if its your time and your cash, do what ever makes you happy mate. Although it would serve no real purpose other than providing extra air flow to the top of the engine, the bonnet would serve as an interesting feature but the fella's are right it would more likely be a waste of money and you might attract the wrong attention from people. Generally I would respectfully say don't bother

Seeing you've recently picked up the car, you have to ask yourself what you want to do to it. I've never been a fan of making a car look ridiculously modified but rather like a limited stock sports edition. For example, massive stickers, chrome rims, GTR spoilers etc. They all attract the wrong kind of attention. Seeing as a MPS Bonnet would set you back at least a grand, also not knowing if it will indeed fit (I wanted an MPS grille on my Luxury Sport but the whole front end is different) maybe you could put that cash towards some other mods.

A bit of Friendly advice below FYI

Wheels - The SP25 comes with 17" stock which are actually not bad even left stock. You may want to consider bigger or remain the same size. After market rims would look great, but you're other option is painting the wheels. Often black is a great stock-look and gives the car a great appearance but also retaining a limited stock edition kind of feel to the car kind of like STi, Ralliart or TRD

Tint - Definitely a dark tint would look great and work a treat in summer

Brakes - Usually painting the Callipers adds a stunning contrast. A bright colour under a black rim always looks good IMO

Suspension - Whether its springs or coilovers a lowered car always looks better than stock and provides a means of driving a completely different feeling car

Lights - Not sure if they come with HID lights or not but that may be something to consider. A cool blue-white 6000K gives a modern bright and sharp look in both day and night. Interior lighting can usually be changed also. The old yellow wedge globes can be exchanged for any colour LED (including park lights)

Exhaust and Intake You may want to give the car a little added performance and get rid of the vacuum cleaner sound. Various possibilities here, CAI, SRI, custom?

The finer things Get creative! I love spending time on my ride, try something you've seen before or something new. Such as, Spraying the badges, adding gauges, a custom sound system, de-badging the list goes on...

Just keep in mind mate, we've all been P platers we all know how to attract attention. The P on the window and a set of rims is enough for cops to want to follow you. Not saying that should stop you...not at all. For now, enjoy your car, post up and mods you have or plan to do.

Hope that helps
    Thats such a helpful/nice post....good work

Yep, Great post!

Agree totally, Maybe look into just getting the wheels painted, while your there maybe paint your calipers red

Check out these two for some DIY fun!
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...-calipers.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...ges-black.html

^^Black badges would look sweet.. white car, black wheels, black badges....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hows this for some inspiration.. short google search returned this:
    Painted STOCK 2010 MAZDA 3 Rims?

and THIS

Another one after I couldnt stop looking
    2010 mazda3 with aftermarket rims anyone?

A good first mod would be either a CAI or SRI to get some good hoovering sounds out of it
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

The SP25 rims would look 10x hotter in the RX8GT black

Jmac, that white MPS looks absolutely stunning! To be honest if I saw that colour on a test card I would give it a miss, but it really works well on the rim and fitted to the vehicle. Black would also look great but the gold offers something different, a real head turner (in a good way) A cop will most likely compliment you after pulling you over! Another point...to the common person, that looks like an MPS! Only us Mazda guys can tell the difference.

That it does! I think its more of a bronze colour though

There are lots of other M3s in the links there too, some good looking after market rims.

I agree put the money away for a mps you wont regret it

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

love 3's in white....

You guys keep forgetting that speed holes make the car go faster.

There was an aftermarket bonnet with imitation scoop wasn't there? About $1300 from memory?

Cant remember where I saw it, somebody linked it in this forum not that long ago.

I just saw this car on the way home from work, I just had to get out and take a picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rice.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	6401

3 Speed holes!

He also had open wounds on the boot from what was a bolt on spoiler that probably fell off.

That is beautiful! Shame there is no Ferarri badge on the front though. lol

Also, looks like he has also managed to scratch up the front left lip wile still at stock ride height; such a shame on that awesome turbocharged evo-killer :P

To be fair, if I won lotto I'd buy the missus a new Mazda6 Diesel-Wagon, get a top mount inter-cooler and some serious working, put an MPS3 bonnet on and basically build my own "new" MPS-6. Then I could use it for towing the RX-8 to track days

If I was any good at photoshop I'd chop it up, I think it would look awesome!

Can the MPS bonnet fit on the SP25/6 though? I does look like it should. (lol, "should")

SarcasticOne: nah, nathan would say "when i get sad, i stop being sad, and drive the RX8 instead, true story"

I don't think the MPS bonnet fits on the SP25 as it's a slight different design, and the 6 is completely different. I remember when I had my 2006 Mazda 5 Luxury Sport and comparing to a mates 2006 Mazda 6 MPS, I though I could get a MPS grille at least but the front end of the car is completely different, the bonnet is raised, complete different grille fitments, no squirter (window washers) on the bonnet etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12