User Tag List

Thread: mazdaspeed 3 big turbo vid

Default mazdaspeed 3 big turbo vid

Not tuned yet.. due factory wideband issues.

More power to come

Radar detector got scared and ran away..

Doc

thats awesome

What turbo?

Wow!

Lots of wheel spin...was like on 3rd gear?

Almost every vid I have seen from a MPS3 in the States has a radar detector.

Holy shit. 3rd gear wheel spin....

I get wheelspin on 3rd gear but just a bit, this guy gets a whole load!

that was 3rd and 4th guys 4th!!

Never tried 4th gear on a straight 3rd I get a bit but have had good wheelspin going up to maleny range in 4th, trump rodding pissies me.

I get wheel spin in 5th on the dyno over 5000rpms i think without looking at my dyno sheets does that count...

Precision billet 5557 - Mazdaspeed Forums
    Its a PTE 5557.

Unreal turbo.. its a bit of a flow monster.. and it spools quicker than it GT equivalent... apparently :P

Doc

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Never tried 4th gear on a straight 3rd I get a bit but have had good wheelspin going up to maleny range in 4th, trump rodding pissies me.

I get wheel spin in 5th on the dyno over 5000rpms i think without looking at my dyno sheets does that count...
    mods mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Precision billet 5557 - Mazdaspeed Forums
    Its a PTE 5557.

Unreal turbo.. its a bit of a flow monster.. and it spools quicker than it GT equivalent... apparently :P

Doc

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

mods mate?
    Very interesting Doc is there anywhere that he has done work to his motor to put this in......That's why I have stopped doing anymore to mine until warranty finishes on the 1st of August 2011.....

i believe its a built motor, and custom fabricated turbo install mate

[/COLOR]

mods mate?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking my mods ?????

Haltech chip, 14.5psi to 18psi switch, better exhaust for better flow modified air box tested before and after dyno's to give 20kw's at the wheels ( and the boys wish they can make that mod to the grand prix race car but can't ) Tuned very well producing more torque than the race car by a big margin and a saftey measure put in place has from Feb 2010 to run at 20% throttle after 5000 - 5500rpm's to protect the motor....

Last edited by 240MPS; 29-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.

wow thats an interesting tune... i may pick your brains a little more about it another day

wow thats an interesting tune... i may pick your brains a little more about it another day

To bad your not in Brisbane the guys at Allstar know there stuff, asking me would be useless Doc, to tech for me.... Maybe after the dyno day he can explain it better to the boys in the know there and maybe explain it better to you what they do.... I trust them with my car......

lol.. appreciate the honesty

lol.. appreciate the honesty

Love my cars Doc with passion, but if I wanted to be technical I would of been a mechanic. Pulled a few motors and helped rebuild them with my brother and mechanic friends back before fuel injection days in my time, that's where it stops....

That's actually quite normal for a built engine with a bigger turbo.

I was talking to Aaron from MPS about a customers car that was rebuilt late last year with a GT3071R and it did the same in 4th.

The customer came back and asked him to detune it, so they ended up putting in a Eboost to control the boost in the lower gears(1-3), then progressivley wound it up to full boost in 5th!

Nuts!