User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exessive oil in fmic pipes !!!!!

Sunday Col, the day I've organised to get Madaz all oil free

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Thanks doc for all your good advise the guys are going to fix things
    4 me mate while im laid up your a regular comedian / stirrer

Col

Welcome.. happy to help out the good guys.

Smile Sunday it is !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Sunday Col, the day I've organised to get Madaz all oil free
    Thank you mate , I look forward to seeing you guys then & getting MADAZ ready 4 her date with Rino

Convalesing Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I really dont like the way your catch can has been described to me.. If it indeed has no vacuum source (ie its not connected up to the intake manifold) this coupled with the overservice, would defiantly cause positive pressure down low. Hence volcanic irruptions out the rocker cover breather.

Either remove it (and re-connect the factory line from the PCV to the intake manifold).. or connect it up so that the return still goes to the intake manifold (ie vacuum source) with a secondary PCV or check valve in this return line to make sure the catch can noes not get boost pressure applied to it when your turbo spools.

The way your catch can has been describes is here: "Very good theory there DOC, will investigate this, the oil catch can is more than likely setup in the wrong area, cause i have noticed it is not set with an through port (It only has a hose comin in) and then is meant to vent to atmosphere through a threaded bleed nut so to speak."

Let me know how you go mate.. and I hope your on the mend too.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I really dont like the way your catch can has been described to me.. If it indeed has no vacuum source (ie its not connected up to the intake manifold) this coupled with the overservice, would defiantly cause positive pressure down low. Hence volcanic irruptions out the rocker cover breather.

Either remove it (and re-connect the factory line from the PCV to the intake manifold).. or connect it up so that the return still goes to the intake manifold (ie vacuum source) with a secondary PCV or check valve in this return line to make sure the catch can noes not get boost pressure applied to it when your turbo spools.

The way your catch can has been describes is here: "Very good theory there DOC, will investigate this, the oil catch can is more than likely setup in the wrong area, cause i have noticed it is not set with an through port (It only has a hose comin in) and then is meant to vent to atmosphere through a threaded bleed nut so to speak."

Let me know how you go mate.. and I hope your on the mend too.

Doc
    Dont worry Doc, I'm getting the idiotic setup of this catch can to how it should be
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Good man

Angry

All fixed now bloody mechanics fancy putting oil in without checking to see if there is oil in it already.... What are we paying these days...

Question What are we paying for !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    All fixed now bloody mechanics fancy putting oil in without checking to see if there is oil in it already.... What are we paying these days...
    Good question Rino ............ANSWER ........

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123