Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Brand:Michelin
    Model: Pilot Sport 3
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $350 a corner
    Bought from: Bob Jane T-Mart
    Size: 225/40/18
    Value 10/10:
    Performance 10/10:
    Likes: Not had a chance to test them in the wet and have only driven 50k's so far, but with the stock tires I would get loss of traction if gunning it in 2nd, I don't anymore. Plenty of grip in the corners, they don't let go. Apparently better in the wet, but not had a chance to test yet. On first impressions, they are awesome.
    Dislikes:
    Wear: 20-25k (Expected)
    Update on these now.

Have done about 5000ks on these now, including a trip to Lorne in Vic and back. Very impressed still with them, absolutely sublime in the wet.

Can't break traction in 2nd no matter how hard I try. Put it this way I have the confidence to plant it from the lights in the wet and I know the car will take off.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

2. Default

Running the advan Neovas, havent tracked as yet, but the grip levels on the road are brilliant. Interesting to see how well they wear.

Just trawling the net and came across these guys at Acacia Ridge selling the KU36 for $210 each! Anyone heard bad or good about this business?
    Kumho KU36 High Performance Road Legal Semi Slicks [KUMHO-9142] - $210.00 : Race Car Parts - Your source for quality performance racing parts., For all performance car parts

not to burst your bubble but the 235/40/18 will struggle to fit the stock mps3 rim, but if your using something else dooo iitttt!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    not to burst your bubble but the 235/40/18 will struggle to fit the stock mps3 rim, but if your using something else dooo iitttt!
    He drives a GENII, 7.5 inch OEM rim, so he'll be fine. Bubble in tact
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    He drives a GENII, 7.5 inch OEM rim, so he'll be fine. Bubble in tact
    Ok cool , lol good for the bubble :P
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

i just got some AD08 235/40 fitted to 8" rims and they still have a slight "rim protector" buldge to it. quite surprised actually as I thought they'd be flush. just FYI if you're thinking of putting them on 7.5" rims. though different manufacturers have different actual widths of the tyres

Poor bubble..sitting there doing nothing wrong then BANG!

Looking at replacing my tyres soon. (Thinking Kumho KU31 215/45/18)

Called around a few places and got a best price of $210 fitted / balanced. Is this reasonable or should I be looking elsewhere?
    Last edited by boost; 15-11-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Brand: Michelin
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $318
    Bought from: Bob Jane Cannington
    Size: 235/40/18
    Value 10/10:
    Performance 10/10:
    Likes: Superb dry grip, superb wet grip. Quiet. Very communicative.
    Dislikes: Nothing to dislike.

After rejecting the KU36 I came close to choosing between the Toyo R888 and Federal 595 in anticipation of a long dry summer in WA. But during my search for new tyres I discovered there are Porsche racers in Europe who use the PS3 as a wet weather race tyre. That's a pretty compelling recommendation and I'm glad I decided on the PS3's, the dry grip is more than I could use on a public road and the wet grip is sensational. The PS3 is the best road tyre I've used.

Gone to Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Brand: Michelin
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $318
    Bought from: Bob Jane Cannington
    Size: 235/40/18
    Value 10/10:
    Performance 10/10:
    Likes: Superb dry grip, superb wet grip. Quiet. Very communicative.
    Dislikes: Nothing to dislike.

After rejecting the KU36 I came close to choosing between the Toyo R888 and Federal 595 in anticipation of a long dry summer in WA. But during my search for new tyres I discovered there are Porsche racers in Europe who use the PS3 as a wet weather race tyre. That's a pretty compelling recommendation and I'm glad I decided on the PS3's, the dry grip is more than I could use on a public road and the wet grip is sensational. The PS3 is the best road tyre I've used.
    cope alright with tuned stage 3?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    cope alright with tuned stage 3?
    Oh yeah. I was temped to log some 0-100's during stormy weather the other day, but didn't have enough road. Where previously the PP2's were getting lots of all-wheel spin off the line, I had the impression the PS3's would have done similar times wet or dry.

Special thanks to tyre guru Mel for proving these are an excellent tyre for the MPS.
    Last edited by kmh001; 10-12-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Brand: Yokohama
    Model: Neova AD08
    Price (fitted/unfitted): Well was about AUD $1070 and i had mates at tire store fitting for some alcohol
    Bought from:Tirerack
    Size:225/40/18
    Value /10: 10/10 as even my mates quoted more expensive @ mates rate in Aust
    Performance /10: So far 8/10 Haven't really gotten a chance to heat them up properly but wet/dry grip is great
    Likes:Good tires both in dry/wet, keep in mind 225 size in AD08 is more closer to a 235 so cornering grip was great
    Dislikes:Haven't got any so far.
    Wear: Only about 500km so haven't really reach full potential.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Brand: pirelli
    Model: pzero
    Price (fitted/unfitted): rrp $540 bought for $270
    Bought from: advanced tyres Richmond vic
    Value /10: 10/10
    Performance /10: So far 9/10 plenty of lateral grip in dry or wet.
    Likes: awesome grip, roundabouts at 80 kph with no understeer or oversteer. Wet weather performance inspiring.
    Dislikes: none!
    Wear: no idea yet.. Rating is 180.

Note these are on the six mps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hey 3MPSPWR,

Was wondering what your shipping cost for the four Yokos was to South Brisbane from Tirerack?
    I'm thinking of using them for a set of Yoko S-drives. Also was wondering how long they took?

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Model: Neova AD08
    Price (fitted/unfitted): Well was about AUD $1070 and i had mates at tire store fitting for some alcohol
    Bought from:Tirerack
    Value /10: 10/10 as even my mates quoted more expensive @ mates rate in Aust
    Performance /10: So far 8/10 Haven't really gotten a chance to heat them up properly but wet/dry grip is great
    Likes:Good tires both in dry/wet, keep in mind 225 size in AD08 is more closer to a 235 so cornering grip was great
    Dislikes:Haven't got any so far.
    Wear: Only about 500km so haven't really reach full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMPS View Post
    Hey 3MPSPWR,

Was wondering what your shipping cost for the four Yokos was to South Brisbane from Tirerack?
    I'm thinking of using them for a set of Yoko S-drives. Also was wondering how long they took?

Cheers,

Andy.
    Think it cost reedy about $250 for shipping to sydney...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Brand: Federals
    Model: 595EVO

Price (fitted/unfitted): About $960 Fitted (from what i remember)
    Bought from: Tyres n More, South Brisbane
    Value /10: 8/10
    Performance /10: 8/10 quite grippy in dry conditons & great handling in the wet, very good with traction off the line. Mind though - i am comparing these to the original Dunlops
    Dislikes: None so far.
    Wear: Just run in around 1000ks, so far so good!

Zeetex HP102 | the Zeetex HP102 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide Test VERY HIGH results and reviews all good. Seems like i will go there see what happens if there shit $89 all well

18INCH TYRES 235/40/18 ZEETEX | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Zeetex HP102 | the Zeetex HP102 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide Test VERY HIGH results and reviews all good. Seems like i will go there see what happens if there shit $89 all well

18INCH TYRES 235/40/18 ZEETEX | eBay
    Couple of guys in other forums have these and highly recommend them for the price. Good wear, grip and noise levels.
    Let us know how you go with these!

Model: A050 (Soft compound)
    Price (fitted/unfitted): $577 per corner fitted (Not available from Tirerack)
    Bought from: Gordon Level Motorsports @ Emu Plains
    Size: 235/40 R18
    Value /10: -2/10 They are horrendoudcly expensive and not available from tirerack, so the great Australian price gouge is unavoidable. (I had $500 to spend on Yokohama gear so I went nuts)
    Performance /10: 9/10 - Once set at the right pressures at the track they gripped like an R spec should, on a day that had a lot of rain I still went 1.2 seconds faster than I have ever gone on street tyres. On a day with better weather these tyres will be an easy 2 seconds faster than my AD08's. I was driving like an absolute mong yesterday as well so there could possibly be more time in it.
    Dislikes: Tyre roar is horrendous, the car sounds like a cessna taking off and vibrates badly as well, a very wet session with standing water on the track was also the most terrifying moment of my life.
    Wear: I can't imagine it is going to be very good. I am hoping to get 8-10 track days out of them at least.
    Last edited by Reedy; 27-01-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast