User Tag List

Thread: 18 x 8.5 +35 - will they fit?

1. Default 18 x 8.5 +35 - will they fit?

Hey All,

As the thread title states, will a set of 18 x 8.5 +35 wheels comfortably fit on a MPS 6?
    I've tried searching for any similar posts or topics to no available.

Car will be fitted with coilovers soon too so that will largely affect any chance of rubbing etc.

Cheers

There are guys in the States that run 18x8 with +35 offset, but if you read there threads, it is too much - they make it fit but they get there wheel arches pulled and rolled.

The offset might be illegal depending on your state.

In Vic, the law is we can only go 1" either side. Stock wheel is +50 offset.

I have 18 x 8 +45, and they fit nicely and are legal. I think +40 offset is the max you can go. I have been warned however, with a +45 offset (by other members) that if I do lower, I will need to roll my guards. Just had the guards rolled today, and am awaiting some eibachs to come in stock before I lower.

It will be tight. I trial fitted these to my car the other day. 19x8 35+. This is how it looked.

They hung a bit outside the guard and the tyre was a 245 35 19. Ideally a 235 would need to be fitted.

Normally when a car is lowered there is an increase in negative camber which will obviously tuck the wheels in the guard a bit more.

Because it is borderline I will be lowering the car first, then decide the wheels. These are not my ideal set of wheels for this car but how can you knock back a free set of half decent wheels.

They'd be illegal solely on the basis that they protrude the guards, here is a great calculator for wheel & tyre fitments, you enter your stock wheel & tyre details, and in the other window your desired wheel & tyre combo, and it give you all the measurements for clearances, diameters, even speedo error margin.

Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - WWW.RIMSNTIRES.COM

5. Default

If you put some stretched 215's/225's on it would look very Euro...

But it is not a look that I would go for. (Although the Bright Red E36 M3 looks insane...)

MattMPS3 is correct. You can not have the tyres/wheels protruding from the guards. And sadly that is kinda obvious in your photos. I'd also think you would need a lot of camber to get them to fit.

My opinion formed from your last photo is don't do it. The MPS 6 is not the car to have those rims on. They might work on an STI or something with blistered arches but not a MPS 6.

I love euro!!!!!

7. Default

I must have that red BMW!!!

Cheers for th info guys. I thought it may have been a bit iffy.
    Only thing I found by general searching on the internet was a guy in the US who ran them and they rubbed badly until he rolled the guards but still, if I lower my MPS then I don't want to risk rubbing at all.
    One of my front wheels on my old RX7 rubbed and shredded the shit out of the plastic under the guard.

Thanks for posting those pics mps05, that gives me a better idea of how much they will stick out. It's a lot more than I thought.
    I think bulk negative offset & camber is great for drift type Jap cars but somehow, I don't think it will suit my modest little MPS.