User Tag List

Thread: ETS TMIC + CPE/HKS BOV install questions.

Blog Entries

Default ETS TMIC + CPE/HKS BOV install questions.

recently test installed this combo with a 75 duro CPE engine mount.
    TMIC is a 3.5" ETS unit, and with the uprated mount doesn't seem to rub anywhere.

Two questions I have :

(1) The ETS is second hand, and has some silicon sealant visible on the top front corner where the side plate folds over on top. Only one side has that. Seeing silicon made me wonder if it's been holed and repaired; wasn't expecting to see silicon anywhere. Do I need to worry if a hole has been patched or is this normal? Unit otherwise seems to be in good condition, just had to straighten a few fins....

(2) The CPE/HKS BOV in recirc : I have no CAI or SRI and no intention to install any further intake mods. The recirc hose is not a great fit for the recirc fitting on the valve. The fitment has clearance issue with the bonnet - just scraping under tramp conditions next to the underbonnet strip of foam. The position is not ideal (a) due to the recirc hose position and (b) the vacuum hose sits too high and too close to the support panel, although it is not touching anything, even under tramp, I want it neater.

Re (1) : The more I look at it the more I think it's OK. I just didn't expect to see any silicon. If a previous owner has had serious rub/knock issues, could that hole the IC?

Re (2) : Solution is to replace the recirc hose and it looks like the BOV cap piece can be rotated around.

Yes? No?

not sure I follow which hole you mean

picture maybe?

1) The silicon would not hold boost pressure.

It may be just to stop the metal to metal rubbing.

1.1) A picture tell a thousand words.

2) I have a HKS SSQ (depending on what mood I'm in) and it rubs on the under bonnet venting. There isn't really much you can do other than just locate it in a position that rubs the least (if at all) and live with it, short of having an adaptor made up to relocate it.
    Last edited by 2XS; 23-04-2010 at 05:29 AM.

I know the answer to this one - the silicone was put on the underside of the hood where the intercooler touched and some dope shut the bonnet while the silicone was still not set.......

lol.. some dope huh..

I believe the back (vac nipple area) of the SSQV can be rotated, just a bit of a fiddly exercise, lots of little screws, the recirc hose seems to be a common issue with these, however you should be able to rotate the valve on its flange to a more suitable location with the circlip still in place, its a tight fit, but will turn. Or if youre feeling confident you could always unclip it from its flange to reposition it, but a lot of people have reported major issues with fitting the clip.