User Tag List

Thread: Do I need to tune after installting Air intake?

1. Default Do I need to tune after installting Air intake?

For a stock Mazda 6 MPS, do I need to tune the ECU if I install an SRI or CAI?

Thanks in advance!

Nope...jsut make sure when installing you disconnect the battery...then let the car run for a few minutes when to read new air flow when finished install

Shouldn't do, the ECU will figure out any air flow alterations (MAF sensor, fuel/air mixture). It is the same as exhaust and intercooler installation, the car may run a bit rough until the ECU figures out what's going on and any changes have been made. I got a CEL after installation of the Downpipe due to a cold cat and different flow through the O2 sensors. Turn-off, turn on and it was fine. I took the car easy and put 200kms on it and then I was satisfied everything had sorted itself out. By then I was getting more power and it was running better than it was originally. You'll be right with the intake install mate. Obviously a tune wouldn't hurt and can only be beneficial, but is not required with the intake mod. The instructions on the CP-E CAI tell you to DC the battery, doing this and reconnecting it pretty much resets your Engine Management system. Turning back on and it picks up the new air-flows and such, run it easy for a few kms (50+kms) to get used to it and its fine
    Last edited by rogwick; 21-04-2010 at 02:42 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

as long as the maf is in the same ball park (size wise) to the stock one..(2-3 mm) youll be fine

5. Default

Great. Thanks guys!