User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creaking noise coming from front end

ok so heres a pic of the offending "loose" bolts that were causing my creaking sound. Im pretty sure they help secure the subframe to the main chassis on the passenger side in my instance. still cant believe that my mazda dealer didnt pick it up after so many visits tryin to locate the noise!!!
    Oh well, such is life....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub frame bolt..JPG 
Views:	367 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	3905  

Thanks for the attached image Cain, I had a look over the weekend and I think I may have found the problem with my 6. Although I have not fixed it, as I believe I may need the new part but I have attached a link I found with the problem causing member. As I tested with dad on the weekend, when pulling the steering from left to right I can hear a "click" I'm 90% sure this is the problem as you can feel the part vibrate on "click" noise when you place your fingers over it. It would seem we may have had different noise-related problems?! When I have the car up again I will check the bolts you kindly posted up to be sure of any other noise. Just letting you (and anyone else), I'm pretty sure this is my problem. I'll keep updated as I go and eventually if I fix it

How-To: Mazda6 SPC Adustable Upper Ball Joints Install - International Mazda Forums

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Am currently battling a faint creaking at the front left whenever the weight shifts around, just tried this fix and whilst I did find they were not as tight as they could be it has still not solved the creaking. Its more of a faint tick tick type of slow creaking like an old door lol, most noticible when you setting off slowly. Anyone got any other ideas? p.s this is definitely not axle click, I had that a few times on my old cooper s - solved on both occasions with new and re-torqued axel nuts.

Wow 2.5yr old thread haha.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmps View Post
    Am currently battling a faint creaking at the front left whenever the weight shifts around, just tried this fix and whilst I did find they were not as tight as they could be it has still not solved the creaking. Its more of a faint tick tick type of slow creaking like an old door lol, most noticible when you setting off slowly. Anyone got any other ideas? p.s this is definitely not axle click, I had that a few times on my old cooper s - solved on both occasions with new and re-torqued axel nuts.
    Have you looked at ball joints? Both mine were gone & I've had them both replaced

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12