User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GEN 2 SRI's & CEL's

Doc - I added more to the previous message

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

I can give it a go. What do you recommend I use to file it down?

thats for the heads up I would have missed it otherwise..

Distance.. Im not sure as Ive not seen one in person.. but as long as its with say and inch or so of the senor, it should be ok. Dremel or similar with a cylindrical abrasive fitting to keep it uniform.. Not a spherical carbide cutter. You know what i mean..

Whats it made of, aluminium or stainless?

If it aluminum, make sure you wear a dusk mask as the dust is not good for you.

Doc

Hey Doc ,im doing my leading edges tomorrow. I to can not find jasons article re sris air flow ,have read it b4 too.Will advise when done ,could take some weeks b4 knowing if satisfactory.
    There was a poll done on MSF re sri = cel . Jason jumped in to try and exlpain ,basically from memory ( gen1 67mm Maf Housing) ,(gen2 68mm 0=diff 1.0mm. = less air past MAF,but he could not explain why so many different SRI manufacturers where having Random CELs. Gen2 ECU has been tweaked ,to accomidate engine changes as well as several other changes to power train,IE gear box,strengthening of rear trans mount, strengthening drive shafts.

Doc trailing edge of air straighteners are approx 65mm from centre of maf from memory. I will dismantle tonight.
    Last edited by Oldhead; 28-04-2010 at 04:54 PM.

he went into the fuel trim differences and what not on a different thread too.. gen 1's were adding like 7% more fuel and the gen 2 were adding something stupid like 18% more fuel.

Only other solution is to make the maf housing a little smaller to speed up the airflow through it.. but thats a redesign.. and a big drama.

let us know how you go.. just take little bits off.. test it.. repeat.. even if it takes a but at least it will be a little scientific.

Doc

Ok Doc all done .used dremel to shape leading edge of straightener like . ( . final smoothover with 1000grit, filed down some of the welds , straightener are equi distance appart,Trailing edge is 50mm from TDC of maf sensor.
    Wished i had my dashawk ,it will arrive soon.
    Last edited by Oldhead; 28-04-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Yeah.. when it does show up i till be interested to see your STFT and LTFT's

Can you post a pic?

Doc

Will do .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Ok Doc all done .used dremel to shape leading edge of straightener like . ( . final smoothover with 1000grit, filed down some of the welds , straightener are equi distance appart,Trailing edge is 50mm from TDC of maf sensor.
    Wished i had my dashawk ,it will arrive soon.
    Good work mate. If your successful I will modify the pipes I have in the same way and send exchange parts to Fillo and Dessa (If he wants to have another go). I will also advise the pipe supplier of what we're doing and see if he can give me some feedback. Big thanks to both of you for taking the time to look into this. I'm lucky DOC doesn't charge by the hour
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Im guessing solution has been found for the Gen2 issue's ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Good work mate. If your successful I will modify the pipes I have in the same way and send exchange parts to Fillo and Dessa (If he wants to have another go). I will also advise the pipe supplier of what we're doing and see if he can give me some feedback. Big thanks to both of you for taking the time to look into this. I'm lucky DOC doesn't charge by the hour
    I may not be cheap.. buy my goodness Im rough..

11. Default

I'm keen to know if it solved the issue.

time will tell..

oldhead has only taken a small amout off.. lets hope it is enough.

OLDHEAD WHERES THE PICS?

13. Default

How is everyone with the CEL?
    did the alteration of the leading edge fix it?

im interested in purchasing one

From last words from oldhead it has...

wait for him to confirm though

I think he is too busy enjoying his beautiful new DP..

Quote Originally Posted by owhat View Post
    How is everyone with the CEL?
    did the alteration of the leading edge fix it?

im interested in purchasing one
    I dont have any further issues. as per my post i modified air straighteners, Contact DISMS3 he has all details and has new MAF housings being manufactured.

DISI.. what changes did you implement?

Greater width between the airflowstraighteners + they will be set further into the pipe.
    They are being made as we speak. I'll have replacement housings soon for all those having issues

18. Default

thanks DISI

let us know when there in stock

I will

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345