User Tag List

Thread: Waffle weave towel

1. Default Waffle weave towel

Joel, Scratch recently did a big order from you and got some stuff for me too

He noticed the waffle weave drying towel leaves fluff, I just used mine today for the first time and noticed it does leave fluff on the car too (we both have black cars). am I supposed to wash it or something first so it doesnt leave fluff ?

Hey Mel

I wash my waffle weaves after every car wash.

I wash with standard laundry detergent, but do not use fabric softener....

I haven't noticed any fluff yet tho Mel

The Waffle Weave cloths I buy from waxit.com never had fluff , though i always clean any cloths I buy first before using.

Though I don't have one of those hard to look after black cars either. j/k

Hi Blackbetty

You need to give them a wash and a dry before use to stop this happening. A machine dry even better.

You may (or may not) notice the material is very soft compared to some other waffles? What the manufacturer does is brush the fabric to give it this softness which also makes it soak up water more effectively.

We don't specify this pre washing on our site. Maybe we should.

5. Default

Yeh they are super soft much softer than my other waffle weave towel, will give it a wash ... Thanks guys

It may be a good idea to make a note on the site.

It was only an issue after the first drying before I washed mine, I nrealy went back to my old synthetic chamois! As you say though, after I machine washed the towels they were fine and fluff free. I have also noticed that they soak up water a lot better after the first wash, this may be placebo effect but they certainly seem to work better after using/washing them a few times.

Have just updated the description. And cheers guys for bringing this to my attention.

@ Scratch2k it isn't a placebo effect. It's like a good pair of jeans that get better and better as they get broken in

Good stuff!

I just spotted a type on the waffle page:

"Microfiber towels should not be washed with other types of towels because they could collect lint and affect the performance of the microfibre."

On both waffle pages actually.

Are you referring to the spelling of "microfibre" as "microfiber"? That is deliberate.

Yeah, it looks odd to my untrained eye, is "microfiber" a trademark where "microfibre" is the actual material? I'm confused.

Whatever the spelling......I can't wait to get mine and try it out!!!

Thanks again for the advice Joel!!!

"Microfiber" is the USA way of spelling it. We use it because it helps us get hits from search engines when people search for it spelt like that.

You're welcome Leelu

Right on, good enough reason...you know you could just add "microfiber" to the keywords meta in the page code? Search engines actually weight the keywords higher than page text so it will have a bigger impact.

Sorry for off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    you know you could just add "microfiber" to the keywords meta in the page code?
    I'm pretty sure Google ignores the meta tags now from people abusing it.

I know there's crap all over the net about how google ignores keywords but all the SEO experts I speak to always flag keywords as a vital aspect of SEO...Of course, it's always good to take whatever SEO clowns say with a grain of salt but I always customise keywords on individual pages.