User Tag List

Thread: New 3MPS Gen 2 Purchased (WA): Wanting to Offload.

Default New 3MPS Gen 2 Purchased (WA): Wanting to Offload.

Hi Fellow Members,

I signed a contract to purchase a brand new 09 compliant Gen2 3MPS (Standard Black with mileage of 26kms) yesterday. It is only after I purchased it, I have 2 minds about it. This is because I really miss the luxury aspect of my 6MPS (RIP after Perth Hailstorm). I know I couldnt get out of the contract without big penalties.

The car is still in the garage, it has NOT been registered yet. Im confident I made a fantastic deal. Before I contact the dealer about terminating this contract, Im looking to pass this deal to anyone in WA who is looking to buy a brand new Gen2 3MPS. This will get me out of contract, and the purchaser will get a very good deal (pm me for more details).

Im still in 2 minds about it, I really like the 2.3 DISI Engine, but miss the luxury finish of 6MPS.
    Anyone interested pls PM me.

Last edited by Los Palmas7; 19-04-2010 at 11:25 AM.

It what way does a 2010 luxury model MPS3 feel any less 'luxury' than your older MPS6???

For me:
    1) Sedan feels more luxury than hatch.
    2) The grey gloss carbon fibre finish on the dash and console of 6MPS. The 3MPS has the matt silver finish near the gear stick (which will look awful if scratched)
    3) The 6MPS all leather seats compared to the 3MPS semi leather with weird red design.
    4) I guesss AWD compared to FWD (nothing to do with luxury)
    5) The hood scoop (more hoon look rather than subtle)

When I test drove it, I was fully sold with the features of Gen2 3MPS: keyless entry and start, boost gauge, and the sheer power of DISI.

4. Default

a little off topic ... but why dont you track yourself down another MPS6 with lowish k's on it or test drive a new diesel 6 in either the hatch or wagon, they are very very nice inside ... hope someone takes the car off you so you have choices

I did looked at some of the 6s unfortunately sellers still wants premium price for mediocre condition.
    So i thought I check out the MPS3. I will ring dealer and negotiate a way out with minimal damage.

With all those points im suprised you bought it!
    Must have been a good salesman...
    I remember in my contract it said i lose the deposit + 4% of the sale price. Ouch.
    maybe if you got something else from them they would be ok with it though.

7. Default

Id seriously take a look at the diesel 6's they have the same luxury classiness feel of the MPS6 albeit they wont have the same power but the mazda diesel engine is very nice and heaps of torque and with a piggyback chip a quick and easy mod to up the power. The new 6 has a few little tweaks to the exterior styling which IMO make it look more sporty than the 09 models and the interior has all the nice features of the MPS3 with a more subtle classy styling which you like. If you decide on a 6 they may not be so harsh on you on your penalties
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Dont they have a cooling off period???

I did the same and changed my mind the next day....i didnt get charged anything...although i did wear a push up bra and told them a big sob story

I also bought another Mazda the same time from them. Hope they will let me off (I dont mind to lose some small amount).
    The contract says "No Cooling off period", also seller has the right to seek upto 15% of the purchase price!!
    Last edited by Los Palmas7; 19-04-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Palmas7 View Post
    The contract says "No Cooling off period"
    Isn't that illegal?

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Los Palmas7 View Post
    The contract says "No Cooling off period"
    Isn't that illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Isn't that illegal?

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Isn't that illegal?
    He has taken delivery.... Cooling off period is when you sign off and the car is still with the dealer, and if I remember if the car is ordered in you pay a fee if you pull out or they don't order the car until the cooling off period has elapsed...Depending on dealers everyone is different....

I'm afraid there is no cooling off period in WA.

pmed

Just as an aside, sort of, every single time I have bought a car I have put in the same condition, being "Subject to agreement by my wife (or you could use your mum/girlfriend), it seems enough for them to bargain properly with you and it puts it on paper. But it is a big get of jail clause for us in WA who do not get a cooling off period.

15. Wink

in NSW they normally have subject to finance... Guess what if you dont want it you never seem to be able to get finance