User Tag List

Thread: TZR fuel pumps

Default TZR fuel pumps

Anyone using these?
    http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...-pump-kit.html

Any dramas?

Seems good for the price.

Doc

i haven't used one, and my impression was that the PTP fuel pump upgrade was the way to go, according to the mazdaspeed forums?

since the other brand ones had a tendency to seize

lol..the PTP one scared me with all the failures it had.. and the "breaking in" procedure... common wtf

Wouldn't worry about a pump upgrade until your definitely sure that you're running out of fuel, seems to be a lot of hype around the fuelling issue, but not much real world proof of pump failures (locally).

have you logged your fuel pressure lately with all your goodies?

what are you seeing?

A red MPS in my rear view mirror, getting smaller and smaller ...havent run a CDFP log for a while, last time I checked there was no reason for me to upgrade the pump, as I mentioned in another post, there was a strong emphasis on the fuel pumps being to blame for the poor results of another tuning method.

piasiani rubbish again?

i ran one last night.. holding 1600psi all the way through to 5.5k.. I tested most gears.. but obviously not all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    lol..the PTP one scared me with all the failures it had.. and the "breaking in" procedure... common wtf

can you link me to the ptp failure threads? maybe i need my eyes checked because all i see are posts about the kmd pumps failing

edit: so i found a thread about one of them failing, plus that retarded break in procedure you have to do...
    Last edited by kagerou; 15-04-2010 at 03:56 PM.

I had a Pump kit upgrade (different brand) it failed. That was a scary situation.

Complete pump purchased for piece of mind.

I wouldnt spend money on a kit, with all the potential issues. Pump upgrades are unnecessary for the majority of us. Even my own pump is a waste considering my current state of tune.

Im using the stock fuel pump with no issues dyno says engine is getting plenty of fuel at all rpm conclusion if it ain't broke why change it .

Col

I haven't got a fuel pump upgrade either.

1600psi? What's that in Kpa? I have 10-11,000 Kpa most of the time under full load, never drops.

11031.6 kpa

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    can you link me to the ptp failure threads? maybe i need my eyes checked because all i see are posts about the kmd pumps failing

edit: so i found a thread about one of them failing, plus that retarded break in procedure you have to do...
    there has been quite a few...

I thought the idea behind upgrading your fuel pump is for when you are fully bolted and tuned and thus the stocker cant flow enough volume (not psi) during particular rpm ranges (i.e. lower RPM).
    I thougth that the cam driven fuel pump flows more as the RPM goes higher, however fully bolted mps's require more fuel and at lower rpm's and there are lean spots caused by not enough fuel...
    Surely mpsgarage wouldnt be selling these fuel pump internals if they are a fail waiting to happen ? wouldnt that ruin there reputation ?

Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I thought the idea behind upgrading your fuel pump is for when you are fully bolted and tuned and thus the stocker cant flow enough volume (not psi) during particular rpm ranges (i.e. lower RPM).
    I thougth that the cam driven fuel pump flows more as the RPM goes higher, however fully bolted mps's require more fuel and at lower rpm's and there are lean spots caused by not enough fuel...
    Surely mpsgarage wouldnt be selling these fuel pump internals if they are a fail waiting to happen ? wouldnt that ruin there reputation ?
    Just search. There are heaps of failures.

I had the pump kit from "mr lil guy". This kit siezed (I still have the piston stuck in the sleeve for those that want to see). Because I assumed that I had F**ked up (pride hurt) I didnt complain. Had no car for 2-3 months.

I ended up buying the complete cp-e pump

The OEM pump had issues with fueling on my car when tuned, it ran heaps better with the new pump. The pump on an untuned car is a waste of $$

The CP-E pump is actually made by APR (VW/PORSCHE fame). It features DLC (diamond like coating) on the piston and the pump also tested and run in on a rig. Expensive yes but piece of mind is worth the cost. You can (I nearly did) destroy your engine if a pump fails or siezes, remember its running directly off you cam!!
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS