User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Loss/Hesitation 1st & 2nd gears

Deal

disc swas and all is well.

faulty swas? Strange

im going with faulty connector/pin...

give it a clean with contact cleaner.. refit..

i think that should sort it.. have a close look and make sure a pin has not been pushed back in the connector as well..

im not sold that the SWAS is stuffed..
    its too much of a coincidence that you have had the plug off and on..

I hope your son packs light... cause I have a lot of gear he needs to carry..

Very strange, SWAS has been reconnected for maybe a year.

He's not very strong and has wirey little arms. To little sunlight and too much msn/myspace etc

Dont think the natives will be satisfied, have to be desperate m****r f****rs

Lol after some of the twig like dogs I've seen been knocked on the head.. I'm sure they be happy to trade up...

It's a strange defect.. Could be a worn/flat spot on a pin..

Report further.. No damaged wire close to the connector?

Start feeding him lots of herbs and spices.. I'm sure they will like that. Ha!

Just food for thought.

Once the SWAS was reconnected did you do a full lock left and right with the steering wheel before driving? This resets the limitations of the SWAS and therefore won't run like a dog after 1st reconnection of the plug...

If you were belting it up springbrook, you would actually be working the wheel alot more than day to day driving. which is why you may have felt it then rather than sooner.

You stay out of this VW boy

Nah mate, wasnt like the swas cutting in as per the norm. It continued to do it in daily driving also. We are talking 5 degree turn of wheel and stuttering even with mid throttle.

This occured out of the blue, swas had not been touched in maybe a year.

Wierd shit. Havent reconnected as of yet.

contact cleaner... refit

let us know mate

F**k.

all of above done and still a dog. Can't even accelerate in 1st in a straight line without bucking and spluttering.

Anyone k ow where the actual sensor is? Maybe dislodged?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    F**k.

all of above done and still a dog. Can't even accelerate in 1st in a straight line without bucking and spluttering.

Anyone k ow where the actual sensor is? Maybe dislodged?

You still having problems.... That must be annoying, I would have gone to the boys straight away to tell them to FIX it bugger that.... I hope you find the prob soon....

Yeah but usually remove some mods before presenting to them, pita

Have you been able to rule out bad fuel, or even maybe look into the fuel filter, usually when you run out of fuel the sludge in the bottom of the tank ends up clogging the filter up ?, another thing to consider could be a faulty plug, or coil pack, I had an issue with the loom on my car, which would cause sporadic missing, rough running and popping much like you are describing , I found I could wiggle the wires on the lhs coil pack plug and at certain points the car would stumble, move the wires again and it would purr like a kitten. I have also heard of some coil packs failing as well.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

car drives fine when SWAS sensor disconnected.. is that the case Magoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    car drives fine when SWAS sensor disconnected.. is that the case Magoo?
    Yep, car drives fine with swas removal.

Although its obvious the swas is now involved could you provide details of the fuel filter location so I can check its condition.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

I have me a hunch its in the tank..

As in connected/bolted to/ the fantastic plastic fuel tank

But im not 100% sure

ive had it happen intermittently and it turned out that my traction control was kicking in far to soon. so turned off the dsc and no problems since. But i never had back firing or sputtering just massive loss of power.

Mine still continues. I think Im still under warranty so its off with the mods and into mazda. Car also feels sluggish all over, wish someone on the Goldcoast had a Dashhawk for me to borrow and look at boost etc

Mine still continues. I think Im still under warranty so its off with the mods and into mazda. Car also feels sluggish all over, wish someone on the Goldcoast had a Dashhawk for me to borrow and look at boost etc

That isn't good Magoo I would of thought that someone who goes to the spit on the weekends may have had a dashhawk.....

Hey Magoo, I'm back on the coast as of Monday night (Southport). Happy to meet up and plug my Dashhawk in and run some logs. It's set up with all the Mazda speciific PID's so you can grab whatever info you need, my datalogging setup is as per the Cobb stuff on MSF. Drop me a PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12