User Tag List

Thread: Federal 595EVO

1. Default Federal 595EVO

I'm looking for some information on Federal 595EVO's or on federal tyres in general.

I will be getting 225/40/18 and have been priced at $300 per corner, I neglected to ask if that includes fitting.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

$300 a corner!!! ouch!!!!

Sidewalls enhanced with scorching flame design add to the fierce look for your car.

haha im in

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Sidewalls enhanced with scorching flame design add to the fierce look for your car.

haha im in
    Sorry?

Are you saying they are crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    I'm looking for some information on Federal 595EVO's or on federal tyres in general.

I will be getting 225/40/18 and have been priced at $300 per corner, I neglected to ask if that includes fitting.

Thanks.
    Crusher, I can only comment on Federal tyres in general.

I had them on a car maybe 10 years back and found them quite a noisy and hard tyre. I wasn't impressed. Not saying they are crap, but I wasn't impressed. I just did a search and am finding similar responses on internet. From memory they were OK in dry but not good in wet. There was something about the tyre compound that was very 'heavy' in nature and maybe this had to do with the noise.

Maybe others will offer other viewpoints, just my 2c

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Blog Entries

I had SS595 on an SP23. I liked 'em. Noisy. Sometimes very noisy; sound like a UFO, apparently. Wooba-wooba-wooba. It was kinda funny, but by the time I'd done 30,000 on 'em I was over it. Grip was good dry, average wet; less than the OEM potenzas but very, very predictable. I've heard drifters like'em and this may be why - predictability. I'd expect the EVO to be better all around; I'd give them a go myself if I could get them in 225/45R18. I'd like to see if they match the Sumitomo on BFYB. They'd need to better it at $300/corner. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

7. Default

Thanks so far guys.

I too looked for web based reviews but they were all end users and you cant judge subjectivity in those reviews after all who exactly is reviewing them? Could be anyone i.e. Federal employees.

8. Default

Michelin have a new tyre Pilot Sport 3 which fills the 'performance' gap between Pilot receda 2 and Pilot Sport 3 ... they are at a good price at the moment, maybe ring Jax and see how much they are in your size crusher

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    Sorry?

Are you saying they are crap?
    never driven on them so I cant really comment.. just laughing at the flames,