User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ECU Modifications: Soft V's Hard

If you pay, I will play.......

Asked at Mercury Motorsports how much a single dyno power run is - $150 !!!!

Thats 3 cartons of beer........ berp. Excuse me.

You must drink expensive beer, as I make it 5 slabs of Carlton cold.

James Boags Premium please........ ;-)

Blog Entries

Anyone notice how nearly every thread turns to alcohol or sex?

Not that that is a bad thing...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    If you pay, I will play.......

Asked at Mercury Motorsports how much a single dyno power run is - $150 !!!!

Thats 3 cartons of beer........ berp. Excuse me.
    That's ridiculous...In the new year after I get a few things sorted I'll push ahead with getting the dyno day organised.

Back to the topic, I'm going the hard ECU option, but what works. I'm in Brisbane, so, a local shop is what its got to be, APC does the XEDE, waiting on a reply about the Haltech Interceptor (whether or not it'll work) I'll find out monday, but who and what other options do I have and a price. I don't want to buy the XEDE then find out 6 mths later that it has its limits, hence the Haltech option. Mazfix told me the MT10 will piggyback the factory unit. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Back to the topic, I'm going the hard ECU option, but what works. I'm in Brisbane, so, a local shop is what its got to be, APC does the XEDE, waiting on a reply about the Haltech Interceptor (whether or not it'll work) I'll find out monday, but who and what other options do I have and a price. I don't want to buy the XEDE then find out 6 mths later that it has its limits, hence the Haltech option. Mazfix told me the MT10 will piggyback the factory unit. Is this true?
    Your options are personal preference...

All tunes and piggybacks have their limits.....you just need to decide what limits wont affect you.

You have XEDE, Haltech, MT10 and flash tune by HOT.

Its really again up too you....everyone will have pros and cons for each..

Good luck with your choice..

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Has anybody got the Haltech interceptor or Lt10, cause I need to do this ASAP and also do you know what the limitations of each are? I'm currently leaning towards the Haltech because it is more like a stand alone managment system than the XEDE. Mazfix aren't open to dicuss the Lt10, so, it's a little hard to compare. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just saw this post on mazda6club regarding cp-e being able to disable fuel cuts permanently - http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=107989. Sounds promising.

10. Default

Guys, any reason why very little has been said about CPE?

No one has one? Anyone have an opinion about the Standback and Full Control?

I'm looking at the CPE standback with PnP to go with a TBE, FMIC and Engine Mount.

Any opinions about the CPE? This thread is about the different options for tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    Guys, any reason why very little has been said about CPE?

No one has one? Anyone have an opinion about the Standback and Full Control?
    I was banned from a CX7 forum for pointing out my car was almost as quick 0-100kmh ( I have all results logged ) as a car with CPE exhaust, CPE controller, CPE throttle flash, CPE CAI, some CPE fuel thingy and a TMIC plus bov etc..

My exhaust is 100% stock, my intake is the stock airbox with stock filter. I have a Piasini flash, a TMIC and BOV. My average times were 0.1 seconds slower (me = 6.82 seconds, them = 6.72 seconds) . My best was 6.65 seconds BTW.

Oh, and CPE did complain to me for "hijacking" their thread. Hence why I was banned, as they are the only sponsor for that forum. Jordon complained about "rules of Engagement." I have that email as well.

On another note........

Just because you have a peak power figure from a dyno that seems awesome, does not mean you are in fact quick. This is a serious misconception. In my testing of tunes for the CX7, I have proved this to myself. Changing parameters can give the same peak power, BUT have almost one second 0-100kmh variation.

In the long run, I honestly don't care what solution people go for, just be properly informed.

If you want a dyno hero car, so be it. Don't automatically think your car will be fast. Get some hard data for what has been done. Not just a chart that says you have a gazillion kw's.

I can say 100% my car is faster through logged real world testing. Can you?

12. Default

Well be true to your word & post up the log that state's that.
    After 10 year's in the game I've never heard of a stock car with a tune/reflash, that's quicker then a car with tune/reflash & exhaust with other mod's.
    That's like saying a Maxx3 faster then a MPS3 REALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    Well be true to your word & post up the log that state's that.
    After 10 year's in the game I've never heard of a stock car with a tune/reflash, that's quicker then a car with tune/reflash & exhaust with other mod's.
    That's like saying a Maxx3 faster then a MPS3 REALLY!
    I bought the MPS3 because nothing comes close standard. (except the Toyota Aurion Sportivo) Wheels or Motor did a bang for your buck feature of cars under 40k, MPS3 was 1st, Aurion was 2nd overall. The Aurion was only quicker to 100kmh by .1 sec. Modified maybe, Standard doubt it. Any way a flash/retune wont cut it for me, I dont want to run into problems down the track because the factory ECU cant deal with modification issues, hence why I'll be getting a Piggyback style ECU.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I bought the MPS3 because nothing comes close standard. (except the Toyota Aurion Sportivo) Wheels or Motor did a bang for your buck feature of cars under 40k, MPS3 was 1st, Aurion was 2nd overall. The Aurion was only quicker to 100kmh by .1 sec. Modified maybe, Standard doubt it. Any way a flash/retune wont cut it for me, I dont want to run into problems down the track because the factory ECU cant deal with modification issues, hence why I'll be getting a Piggyback style ECU.
    why do you think piggyback is that much better than reflash and why will the ecu have problems down the track

geez, it makes me cringe how much a pain in the ass the mps ecu is.....

Blog Entries

Note - I have a Standback + PnP unit up for sale, please see the For Sale section...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...ther-bits.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234