User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ECU Modifications: Soft V's Hard

Blog Entries

Excellent posts guys- very informative.

2. Default

Cheers Corey, you're a champ!

Let me know if you're about, I've got a lot of free time up my sleeve on Sat (misses has a hens night out on the Nth Coast so i'm effectively a bachelor till Sunday lunch time

Wardy.....

Please remember , up until a few months ago, there was no option to flash tune a Mazda in Oz. it is possible I did one of the first in this country. I guess I'll never really know that.

Anyway....

One thing I have noticed for a number of years, is that Australia does not really embrace flash tuning in the same way Europe and the UK do. Piasini know that I am trying to expand here, but it is a damm slow job.

In a few months, we have gone from no flash tune options, to being able to get it done in three states. I'd say that is a pretty remarkable start. Wouldn't you?

Regardless of the belief of a few, the structure I have setup for now, is working OK. People have been incredibly accepting, and seem to be very happy. I don't aim to be a megastar (yet). I aim to educate as well as offer a solution. Hell, I even explain to people how engines and four stroke work..!!!

It will be slow. We all know that. At this point ONLY people on forums really know about this. And this has been my intention all along. A benefit to people we associate with. This is not me feeding you all a wank, it's the fact.

Take it or leave it, that's up to you. At least I know I have done my bit to make sure people are properly informed, and happy with their choice.

Before I forget, if you wish more info, or just want to chat to learn more, I am available by phone, MSN or Skype.

I am happy to answer questions, and would enjoy the chat. Forums are at times hard to work with, a voice on the the other end is much more pleasant.

I for one can honestly say that it was a pleasure to do business with Sassi, although I will admit I had to drive to Sydney from Newcastle to get it done, it just gave me the opportunity to enjoy the flash on the way home!

I have not had the chance to get a dyno done for mine as of yet due to work constraints, but I will be heading home to Brisbane in a few weeks time, so if there is a dyno day on, I'd love to come and see how she pulls.

As for my Piasini decision, it came after months of research online throughout the American and Australian forums. I didnt hear of a single person who was unhappy with the Piasini product. As for the Cobb product, the only remarks that seemed to stick with me were people trying upwards of 5 or 6 maps in order to get good results, yet in the end, they all still seemed to want more from it.

I personally am not a fan of piggyback devices, especially considering how the Mazda ecu seems to learn and relearn as it pleases. So "tricking" the ecu into making more power, (although we do know this works as you have said), was not an option for me.

So, for the upped boost, fuelling and timing as well as the full throttle plate control, the decision was easy. The tune is as smooth, if not smoother than the factory one, and the thing has not missed a beat at any stage.

Thats my story.

Thanks for your comments, appreciate the support.

BTW, car 11 was done yesterday.

most interesting thread i have read in ages ...looks like it all boils down to personal preference & whether or not you take it to Mazda to get it serviced. Btw just to make you all feel better , your input helps non mechanical people (me) to understand & learn so much..good thread you started shins

Blog Entries

Yes I will take full credit..lol.

Seriously...for people like me that are new to power modding-this is a great read.

And also correct is that I have not yet read a bad Piasani V3 review as stated above...why is that? The other flashes, like Unichip have not faired so well from what I have read (and I have read a lot!)

Blog Entries

Ok- just had a chat with Wayne- very nice guy and that phone call may have swayed my choice actually...it was a most informative discussion.

I can assure you you wont regret it!

I might be swinging through Sydney this weekend actually if you wanted to come see me for a bum dyno perspective? You can print your own graph off of my bum dyno that way. Not that that makes sense.

Why is it that I now the image of someone sitting on a copier.....

Blog Entries

I so wish you had not said that...

Reduce 71%.....

Paper size.... SRA3....

Might have to buy some seat cleaner methinks........

Hi.
    Well I met Wayne for the first time yesterday, and I am 100% behind Queef, he is a great guy and honest.
    I had the program sucked out and sent to Piasini, it should have been reloaded today but Italy have public hols, so I have to wait until tomorrow.
    I will keep your all informed of my thoughts and feeling on the flash, also my car is stock.
    Lastly the reason for going this way is the same as Queef plus I would like to thanks Queef for his reply to my PM it was helpful.
    Last edited by mps jim; 09-12-2008 at 07:10 AM.

Thank you for the kind words. I did very much enjoy our chat.

Story for you MPS Jim.

After you left I hopped online to send the file off. Then BAMM...!!!! Power went out. Looks like a car hit a pole around the corner. I had to send it off while I was running off UPS.

I ended up sitting here by candlelight until ~10pm......

Wayne don't do this to me.
    I am so looking forward to this flash, the more i read the more I won't.
    Also thank you for putting me onto this forum, the people sound great plus we have a common interest our beloved cars the Mazda mps.

The file is sent, don't worry...!!!

I ended up running the laptop on my 3G wireless link with the power supply plugged into a beeping UPS...!!!

And when that died, I still had about 2 hours left on battery.

Hi.
    Well I got my ecu flash today, and like Queef said at first you think I was not sure.
    but after a while it comes to life and yes first & second no traction, it is smoother and pulls hard up till 6500 rpm it feels like the car I first got from Mazda plus more. I let my son 20 yr old that works for Mazda drive the car his first words where W T F. this thing goes like ****. & the thing is the car is stock so If I add some after market goodies it can only get better.
    I would like to add one more thing, Wayne is a top guy and I have a lot of respect for him and what he has done, and I feel it;s a shame that a few more people don't feel the same way, as he has put so much time in to this flash at his expense FOR US.
    I will get off my soap box now.
    Jim
    Last edited by mps jim; 10-12-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Good stuff Jim. Glad to see your happy with the results from the flash. Did you need a pump upgrade?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast