User Tag List

Thread: Operational windows w/out the key!

dOttY Guest

Smile Operational windows w/out the key!

Some cool tricks for the MPS.
    Want to be able to operate the power windows at any time? eg. regardless of whether the key is in the ignition position or not? Well, locate the internal fuse box, located underneath the glove box. There are 3 fuses that are used:
    F78 30 AMP
    F77 30 AMP
    F56 30 Amp
    The first 2 fuses are switched 12 volts through the ignition switch , the last fuse is powered with 12 volts all the time. Simply remove the 2 fuses F78 & F77, insert the 2 pins into the output side, then connect the other end of the fuse link to the thick blue power cable, this has 12 volts at all times.
    There you are, no key needed to open and close the windows at any time.
    Last edited by shakespeare; 23-02-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Updated post to reflect the topic

2. Default

Yeah my car has this feature, windows will work for a set period of time after key is removed or can be controlled from the remote.

Very handy.

That said, generally fuses exist for a reason so not sure about this "re-wire" job in that regard.

Even after you remove the key, there is power to the windows for about 30sec I think...

Unless you open the door

dOttY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DanSP23Bris View Post
    Even after you remove the key, there is power to the windows for about 30sec I think...

Unless you open the door

Driver's side ONLY...Sux!

i would like Auto windows... that would be ultimate... walk away.. windows go up... !!

I recently had the Viper Auto Window Kit fitted. It works great HOWEVER for some reason everytime i use the remote to close the driver side window I have to reset the Auto Window setting.

If anyone else do get it make sure you get the installer to check for that!

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    i would like Auto windows... that would be ultimate... walk away.. windows go up... !!
    Get an XR5, hold the unlock button on the key, windows go down, which is nice when you're walking towards your car on a hot day...

After driving, hop out, hold the lock button, windows close, and door locks

8. Default

Well, you could do this mod and still put a fuse between the constant 12V and windows just in case anything did happen.

Well my drivers window dun do what its supposed to......it just started playing up last week.....gotta do it manually...ohhh the effort!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Yay!

Finally some progress to start considering buying an xr5.

...but I think that is it, too bad
    I wouldnt say thats progress.

My 2004 Holden Barina <Opel Corsa> had it...its called *global opening and closure* in europe. It was a $15K car

Most european cars have it...Japanese have never really been into it...and seriously...its great when you have it....but I dont miss it.

I rarely drive with my windows down...its QLD...aircon FTW!!!

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I know someone has a total closure unit for an opel, but not sure what after market ones there are for mazda. must be some out there someplace!

12. Default

Great post . Need more DIY like this.

I dont like the idea of more things running of the hot bus.. raining outside.. a bit of water on your switch from the rain when you opened the door...

15 mins after you walk away the windows go down... because the switch shorted out

Good idea, but no thanks

maybe a time delay relay is what you want

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I recently had the Viper Auto Window Kit fitted. It works great HOWEVER for some reason everytime i use the remote to close the driver side window I have to reset the Auto Window setting.

If anyone else do get it make sure you get the installer to check for that!

Wayne
    hey mate. recently installed the same thing over the weekend and realised this morning my windows are doing the same thing. have you sorted a fix for this???

Default Re: Operational windows w/out the key!

Dude, @Wayne posted this 4 years ago... I wonder if he's still on...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

i thought mabe someone else could answer my question yeldarb but gave wayne a shot. so has anyone else out there had this same problem and found a fix for it.?

Default Re: Operational windows w/out the key!

No idea mate... Anyone...?

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Sorry for the late reply - yes im still kicking.

@08 mazda3 mps NO - never got a fix for that. Contacted BDL serveral times after that and they never came up with a solution (honestly they weren't too interested in it). However 4 years later. the unit is still functioning and the fault is still there.

Hmmm I've got a feeling it has something to do with having 2 jam protectors. Sometimes if I auto up it it comes down half way

I had this issue.... but it dissapeared the moment the battery was disconnected and re-connected the auto window on the driver's side just stopped working..... yours sounds like a physical thing though