User Tag List

Thread: Ward's releases 2010 Auto Interior Award winners

Default Ward's releases 2010 Auto Interior Award winners

Filed under: Acura, BMW, Chevrolet, GM, Infiniti, Lexus, Mazda, Subaru, Volvo, Design/Style

2010 Chevrolet Camaro interior - Click above for high-res image gallery of interior award winners from Ward's Auto

Do you own a Lamborghini Miura? If not, we're going to presume that you spend way more time looking at the interior of your car than the exterior. If you do happen to have a Miura parked in your garage, we suggest you stop reading immediately and go gaze upon its sensuous exterior lines for a few hours.

Still here? Great, that means you don't own a Miura and the interior of your car is an extremely important consideration. Which begs the question: What car has the best interior in any given class? Attempting to answer that query is none other than Wards Auto, which has just released its annual Auto Interior of the Year Awards for 2010 after analyzing the innards of 40 vehicles that are either brand new for 2010 or at least significantly updated.

Somewhat surprisingly, the only automaker to take home more than one trophy was Chevrolet. The new Equinox won for popular-priced truck under $39,999 and the Camaro took top honors in the sportscar category. Other winners include the Subaru Outback in the popular-priced car under $29,999 category and the BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo for "Design Versatility."

Want to see the rest? Check out our high-res image gallery below for a visual listing of all the winners and click past the break for the official press release.

Gallery: 2010 Ward's Interior of the Year Winners

[Source: Wards Auto]Continue reading Ward's releases 2010 Auto Interior Award winners

Ward's releases 2010 Auto Interior Award winners originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Blog Entries

Go Mazda Go!! I do have to agree the new interiors are pretty damn nice looking.

Nice work mazda. I still think the Gen 1 interior was more sporty. I'm biased though.

Cool Gen 1 sport pak interior ftw !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Nice work mazda. I still think the Gen 1 interior was more sporty. I'm biased though.
    + 1 Gen 1 sport pak even better

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I wasn't a fan of the Gen II interior from the brochures but it turned out to be a lot nicer in the flesh. I wasn't sure about the "suave dash design" as one reviewer called it but it has grown on me.

I'm a bit of a fan of the interior lighting, especially the blue lighting accents in the dash and door trims and will admit I had a slight blonde moment where I thought that there was actually a Blue LED light in the gear stick.......turns out the Blue LED light mounted in the overhead lighting console reflects at a perfect angle when in 2nd and 4th to make it look like there is a light in the gearstick.....bubble burst.....

Congratulations Mazda MPS!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    I wasn't a fan of the Gen II interior from the brochures but it turned out to be a lot nicer in the flesh. I wasn't sure about the "suave dash design" as one reviewer called it but it has grown on me.

I'm a bit of a fan of the interior lighting, especially the blue lighting accents in the dash and door trims and will admit I had a slight blonde moment where I thought that there was actually a Blue LED light in the gear stick.......turns out the Blue LED light mounted in the overhead lighting console reflects at a perfect angle when in 2nd and 4th to make it look like there is a light in the gearstick.....bubble burst.....

Congratulations Mazda MPS!!!
    wait... your not blond though?
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    wait... your not blond though?
    That is correct......maybe just a dumb moment then???
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

ahh we all have these....speciilly m3

Excellent work mazda!

Yeesh, call me biased but most of those interiors look like

Not sure about the Camaro's interior

I Like the MPS 3, BMW, Lexus and you can't beat the Porshe interiors

Only one interior that I like from there

Porsche.

12. Default

.. Ward's interior awards..

13. Default

hmmm i've gotta say the only interior i really liked was the Infiniti. The door trim detailing is just superb. The lexus and BMW are also okay. The picture of the Subaru interior makes it look a lot better than it really is. In real life, its very plasticky.