User Tag List

Thread: Wheel and Tyre Combo

1. Default Wheel and Tyre Combo

Can someone please link me to a tyre fitments grid.

Something that says all the different tyre widths that will fit on a specific wheel width.

For example what size tyres will fit on a 7.5" rim.

Thanks.

AFAIK, there is no exact standard of what size tyres are suitable for a certain rim width. It can differ from one tyre manufacturer to another. Most tyre manufacturers list what the minimum rim width is for a given tyre, so it might be worth checking that out..

Cheers.

Karl.

3. Default

So minimum width as stipulated by the tyre manufactures.

That would work.

Thanks.

4. Default

I use this, the results u get for each tyre combo also say the width range of the rim, diameter, speedo % diff etc

So u just put ur normal rim then different options for different tyres ... its the best Ive found

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    I use this, the results u get for each tyre combo also say the width range of the rim, diameter, speedo % diff etc

So u just put ur normal rim then different options for different tyres ... its the best Ive found

I had already been there but had missed the recommended rim size...

I am looking to get some wider rubber to help put the power down. Might just wait until I have all the performance mods done then look at getting some 18x 8's in there and some good wider tyres.

I dont have the URL on me, but there is another Mazda forum in Aus with a spreadsheet of options/sizes

Depending on how wide you want to go, I am running 225's on the stock rims in place of the 215's with no issues and more stickyness!

Jim

I found this url helpful when I was trying to find the right tyre width rim fit etc

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html

from what I had researched before updating my tyres was a tyre too wide for the rim can affect handling considerably therefore it's important to get it right, fyi 225 width will fit onto a 7.5" rim without causing problems.