User Tag List

Thread: Rear wheel camber/toe-in adjustment

Default Rear wheel camber/toe-in adjustment

I recently had my car wheel alignment done at Keith4wheels (Bloody good bloke....lol) and "Kiwi" suggested, to maximise the potential, handling and tyre wear, I should get, wait I'll explain slowly, the rear, lower, leading arm, from a Mazda6. The 6 has an adjustable arm whereas the 3 doesn't. It means that camber and toe-in can be adjusted separately. ATM on the 3 if you change the camber it also changes the toe-in. Has anybody done this yet? I thought it would be a good option and cheap because you can get them from the wreckers for $30 each. This will be my one of my next mods (I gotta get another wheel alignment though $$$)
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

You can get a Kmac camber hit to adjust camber & toe in the rear. I've had it installed for quite while and it works great.
    Regarding the front it's not so easy. There is also a kit available but it involves drilling holes through the towers.
    Kmac also retail this kit but it's not cheap and I have read some not so good things about it.
    Most people are just installing rear kits and that's it. There is a small amount of adjustment in the front also.
    Don't know about " Kiwi's " advice, never heard of it and would be reluctant to try that myself.

Can't hurt to try. Its only the arm being replaced from fixed to adjustable, and from the same family too. Anyway I'll try it, put my life on the line (as they say).

Have to agree with Hatch'd on this. I've seen his set up and driven his car.
    I have hated my car ever since. I'll get it to sit like his soon

Thanks Con