User Tag List

Thread: RX8 turbo?

Smile RX8 turbo?

We want to put a first stage turbo on our RX8, but can't seem to find a decent reputable place to perform all the engine mods required to support the installation of the turbo, right down to the exhaust. Getting the turbo is no hassle but installation seems to be hard. Any 1 we find in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area has very mixed reviews on the quality of work that gets done. As the car is now out of warranty but has only done 19thou k's we really don't want things to start going wrong and need the job done correctly.

Can any1 suggest a place or any other related ideas that may be of some help.

We are pretty sure we are going with a turbo, but there is always the supercharge option. Pros and cons list is long.
    Latool- far from normal

I can suggest CES Racing at meadowbrook, I used to work there, Trevor knows what he's on about, the only down side will be the price. We did a Corolla Sportivo when I was there and it cost about 30k all up. That was with Garrett turbo, Garrett FMIC, rebuilt engine with rods and pistons, ECU and exhaust etc. Enquire, but tell him Troy (with the MPS) sent you, he may do it a little cheaper, or give me some details and I'll ask. They won't be back to work till next Monday though, the 12th. Cheers, Troy.

Also, he has an RX3 you just gotta hear. PP race car. Damn loud. Thats what a rotor should sound like.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Redcliffe Dyno & Performance.

Hi Guys and Gals,

I cleaned up all the OT posts - please keep it on topic.

Cheers,
    Dan

------

Latool, I assume you've tried all the usual rotary workshops? Might be worth asking the question on the RX8 forums if you haven't already.

Try Dyson Rotary perhaps??

Blog Entries

Dyson for sure, they are up the road from my work and I drive past them daily. I know of a few quick rx8's and some very very fast rx7's up there.
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    you want something that sounds like this
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zn5ekAahR4
    Last edited by tricache; 19-01-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Double post merged

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Dyson for sure, they are up the road from my work and I drive past them daily. I know of a few quick rx8's and some very very fast rx7's up there.
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    They also did a rotary conversion to a 350z
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Geez, after all that driving he might need to top up on fuel and oil....