User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feed back on j.barone short shift plate on gen 1 !!!

Smile Feed back on j.barone short shift plate on gen 1 !!!

I would like to know your impressions of the J.Barone short shift plate am fitting mine this w/end .Any Problems ???

Col

One of the easiest mods to install (took about 15min). Greatly improves shift feel & feels like it reduces throw by about 50%. A great option if you dont want to spend a fair amout of $$$$ on a complete short shifter. Couldnt be happier with it.....

(Forgot to mention that i recently changed back to the stock shifter weight just to see what it was like.......for me, i found it less notchy, the extra weight seemed it guide the shifts into place easier)
    Last edited by AD07; 13-04-2010 at 09:37 AM.

as above!!

I found it notchy in some gears & the rubber boot had to be greased regularly to prevent wear. Now they have an upgrade which stops the boot from rubbing shifting is so much nicer after fine tuning the gear shift.

Great little mod.

Amazing short gear changes, it does take some use to it but after a while it just becomes very natural. Before having the short shift plate I would struggle a lot to make 3rd gear changes at very high revs (6500rpm) but since the install of the short shift plate I dont struggle anywhere near as much.

As for fine tuning is easy as, you can find a video in the JBarone website showing you how to do it. That is if you struggle to engage some of the gears after the install otherwise you like a few other people here wont need fine tuning.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Default Thanks guys !!!!

Thanks Al & the rest of you guys for your info just have to fit it now & see how it goes & if RIN0 can handle it when he comes up .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Thanks Al & the rest of you guys for your info just have to fit it now & see how it goes & if RIN0 can handle it when he comes up .

Col

HaHaHa..... Mate Mate Mate the Mazda 3 mps is only a toy compared to what I have driven Col
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Wink Big boys toys !!!!!!!!

Rino ,Rino, Rino , I was joking about the short shifter but we will see how you feel after youvé driven some of the roads up here .DEFINATELY NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED !!! Trust me if you don't pay attention and show MADAZ some respect she WILL Kill you & ME cause I will be the passenger in the silly seat . I ' ve raced and driven some very quick machinery as well a 250 superkart is no slouch I always felt it was trying to kill me at 10/10th's as well .Madaz on a open twistie road driven over 8/10th's feels the same that's why I love this car you must master it , if you don't she will spit you out . ENOUGH TALKING WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL YOU GET HERE !!!!! You make a mistake on the Gillies Hwy it is a 1400 metre drop and for most of the 18 klm's there are no gaurd rails you are in for a unique experience ,Not to many sleeps left my friend Bring your camera or video recorder or both . .

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 16-04-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

I installed the J-Barone short shifter about 3 months ago and have been happy as a pig in shit with it, great little mod with much improved gear changes, no need for fine tuning here either...

any reason for not going with 2xs's shift plate guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Some purchased before Troy advertised and Al couldn't wait and longer like normal...

Yeah Doc, same for me...i bought the JB before i even knew about 2XS's plates.

Cool bananas

Yup I got impatient

No that im unhappy with my JB plates, after the fine tuning and getting use to the new feeling I was satisfied.

Unhappy Waited 4 mnth 's for 2xs shift plate !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I prefere to support Aust made and 2xs is half the price but after waiting 4 months like Al I got impatient also payed 4 a heat shield 9 months ago myself or the new owner of the sri have not received it .
    I felt let down on the service .When I complianed to Troy he told me he wanted nothing more to do with me so I now buy elsewhere .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

lol fair enough

I prefere to support Aust made and 2xs is half the price but after waiting 4 months like Al I got impatient also payed 4 a heat shield 9 months ago myself or the new owner of the sri have not received it .
    I felt let down on the service .When I complianed to Troy he told me he wanted nothing more to do with me so I now buy elsewhere .

Col
    I got impatient yes, but I wasnt gonna hassle him since making, testing, fittings parts and other stuff isnt his real job, he does all that in his spare time from his busy job and big family. Plus back then he was even more than busy with the change of jobs and his own big turbo project.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

OK Al point taken but a phone call to explain would have helped im not a mind reader and if you want to sell things service is important 4 months & 9 months is unexeptable to anyone !!! Doc asked why thats why !! everthing I bought from Troy was Ist class but ppl in bris were getting there heat shields months after I had paid 4 mine same with the shift plates .That is not bisiness like (shift plate ordered though MZR PERFORMANCE ) it is a fact of life when you live up here u are last on the list .

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 21-04-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

OK Al point taken but a phone call to explain would have helped im not a mind reader and if you want to sell things service is important 4 months & 9 months is unexeptable to anyone !!! Doc asked why thats why !! everthing I bought from Troy was Ist class but ppl in bris were getting there heat shields months after I had paid 4 mine same with the shift plates .That is not bisiness like (shift plate ordered though MZR PERFORMANCE ) it is a fact of life when you live up here u are last on the list .

Col

Good things happen to people who wait Col.... See, now I'm coming up to play in FNQ...

Oh and behave.....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 21-04-2010 at 10:03 PM.

^aaww you guys ..

like "grumpy old men"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast