User Tag List

Thread: Which BOV to get?MPS6

Default Which BOV to get?MPS6

First of all is it worth changing the stock bpv?Will be getting exhaust and tune done soon!!

And if yes which one of these should i get!!The turbosmart dual port or turbo xs bov...both will be used as bpv?Thanks

I've got one of these:

http://mpsgarage.com.au/shop/product...port-bov-.html

On full recirc.

u reckon it helps performance?Thanks

A BOV (or BPV) won't add to performance unless the one you have is leaking, which it shouldn't. The operate in static equilibrium so are under no pressure that would promote a leak.

A good adjustable BOV offers more flexibility to configure where you want the air to go. Stock only sends it to Recirc. If you add lots of boost it can't dump it fast enough and you can get
    some compressor stall. The Turbo smart if the only way to go. Three BOV's in one, fully adjustable for plunger tension and the base is adjustable so you can fit it into tight spots or
    face the bell-mouth in the desired direction. And easy to service. I'm amazed how archaic other BOV's are in comparison.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

esp22,

DougMPS6 is right a blow off value doesn't improve performance of your car. This would change if you modify your car with boost pressures past what it was designed for. People on this forum have mentioned that the stock BOV leaks under high boost but I haven't seen this myself as I am still running stock boost (until I get the Chiptorque tune......coming soon).

Personally I would spend the $500 on something else first which does improve performance. If you find the BOV is leaking after increaseing boost then have a look to replace it.

This is all assuming that you are doing this for performance. If you just want the BOV sound then that's a totally different matter. I loved the noise on my 200SX when I have one, but decided I didn't want the noise on my 6MPS. I decided a stealth feel was more approriate with the 6.

Have fun modifying!
    Last edited by Penguin740; 12-04-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Red '05 6MPS.

I have a turbo smart recirc valve which is rated up to 20PSI and has a 2nd spring option for applications over 20PSI. I do believe it operates more efficiently than the stock valve and holds boost a little better at high RPM / between gears (Only just noticeable). The stock valve sounds pretty good with the stock airbox removed but I reckon the turbosmart sounds better. Personally I think Blow off valves are too loud especially when combined with the induction sound of an SRI and simply attract too much attention. I think a good aftermarket recirc valve like the turbosmart kompact or forge piston operated valve are a good choice once you've done a few other mods like intake and exhaust, which are better bang for your buck mods!
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Default Re: Which BOV to get?MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3
    I have a turbo smart recirc valve which is rated up to 20PSI and has a 2nd spring option for applications over 20PSI. I do believe it operates more efficiently than the stock valve and holds boost a little better at high RPM / between gears (Only just noticeable). The stock valve sounds pretty good with the stock airbox removed but I reckon the turbosmart sounds better. Personally I think Blow off valves are too loud especially when combined with the induction sound of an SRI and simply attract too much attention. I think a good aftermarket recirc valve like the turbosmart kompact or forge piston operated valve are a good choice once you've done a few other mods like intake and exhaust, which are better bang for your buck mods!
    Hear yeah! Totally agree with the sound!
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post

Totally agreed!