User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Best Mufflers DP

Yeah, some guy driving from the sunshine coast

he's never had anyone drive from Perth.. any takers?

Im not really far enough away for it to count lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Yeah, some guy driving from the sunshine coast
    Lucky bastard

Im not that far away either took an hour and a quarter to get there Chris had a look it is quite different to the 3 apparently est 7 hrs to remove and refit ? wasnt all that impressed with the lack of space to work plenty on the 3 compared to the 6
    is there a link to how to remove the std dp and cat it wont come out the bottom as the driveshafts are in the way ??? it would be benificial to Chris
    will be trying to get it back there for a couple of days in about a months time could anyone give me a lift home ?
    Geoff

Quote from MattMPS3

"I very much doubt it, I dare say it was only on offer because of the distance involved and the likely hood of someone actually driving across the country to take him up on the offer, besides Chris has already had customers from Queensland".

Fair call. From all reports he's worth every cent and then some.
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 28-05-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gttool View Post
    Im not that far away either took an hour and a quarter to get there Chris had a look it is quite different to the 3 apparently est 7 hrs to remove and refit ? wasnt all that impressed with the lack of space to work plenty on the 3 compared to the 6
    is there a link to how to remove the std dp and cat it wont come out the bottom as the driveshafts are in the way ??? it would be benificial to Chris
    will be trying to get it back there for a couple of days in about a months time could anyone give me a lift home ?
    Geoff
    Dont quote me, but I heard somewhere that to get the DP out of a 6, you have to drop the subframe.

Could have been something else as well, I do know its supposed to be an absolute prick though.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

ive read people dropping an engine mount (lower) and rocking the motor itself forward.. Ive spoken to Chris about this.. and that seems to be the way to go..

At least you know the guy fabbing up and installing your DP will take care of your car, and knows what he is doing.

It'll be worth it

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    he's never had anyone drive from Perth.. any takers?
    Don't tempt me.

Is it still a free install if I put my car on the train and send it back to NSW?

Gone to Volvo

lol..call him and ask

Quote Originally Posted by gttool View Post
    Geoff
    Doug from WA has done his own DP install and by the sound of it got by with rocking the engine forward to get clearance. http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...questions.html

If he see's this he might add some more info.

Gone to Volvo

Thought you'd all like to know I just paid for a DP from Chris at Best Mufflers!!!!!!

Plus I'm buying a race pipe for those very rare track days.

Anyone else interested in one now needs to wait 8 weeks!!!!

Now just need an installer!

You will be a happy man!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Thought you'd all like to know I just paid for a DP from Chris at Best Mufflers!!!!!!

Oldhead has one of those, do you remember what were his numbers on the dyno las sat?
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Oh damn it! 8 weeks -_-" ok start counting down the days.... btw, if you find someone decent to fit urs in Brisbane do you mind recommending them to me??

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Oldhead has one of those, do you remember what were his numbers on the dyno las sat?
    My results where 160KW /218hp ,considering heat soak after 100klm drive and sitting 1hr. Torque curve was great . very wide. Im happy with results as i now have base line .Lambda was safe and rich.HAhAHa.Richo was impressed with runs.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Wise decision Yeldarb. Good to see the wife understands.

Use the boys at Allstar Tuning Brad...

Apparently I don't have enough hobbies...and her clothes/jewellery/handbag quota cannot be argued with, so I'll spend up big too then!!!

I'm thinking of giving All Star at Brendale a go, only because I've met them and only because I'd like to get the car on their dyno again to see the gains.

If anyone could recommend someone else, just for competitive pricing sake, I'd be very glad to know.

...and installed in time hopefully before the Race day in June at Lakeside. I'll use the race pipe I bought off Chris. Will be interesting to see the difference in noise levels.

With a race pipe though, will the O2 sensor be moved or is in before the flange on the engine side?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Spoke to Brendan at All Star. All sorted. Hoping to have the install done late next week depending on the arrival from Sydney. They're also going to do an airbox mod with a K&N filter. Not sure what's involved. But it's only around $80 fitted.

I'm guessing it's cheaper than an SRI or equivalent, but just hope there is some clear benefit.

Anyone got a second hand one for sale?

20. Default

Its a very high flowing cat on his DP, personally i wouldnt worry about the race pipe.
    Realistically, how much power or time per lap are you going to get from swapping the cat out for this?
    id be suprised if it was any.
    But thats just my opinion....

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast