User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Mufflers DP

Looks alright IMO. .

^ agree.. it does look alright.. should see it in person.... Its a very sold looking piece.

Just an UPDATE..
    1) looking at the picture on the best mufflers website, you'll notice that there is no flange in front of the cat. After I got on the phone and had a go at him about that (), there will now be a sleeved joint/flange. Exactly how mine is pictured. This just gives you the flexibility to fit a straight (Ie no cat) pipe for 'track days', and to replace the cat (although, he recons it will outlast the car) when it one day fails.
    2) Wed/Thursday he is going to start production. Initial batch is going to consist of 4 or 5. So if you haven't already reserved one (i know at least 3 or 4 of them are already spoken for from guys on here), I suggest you get on the wagon. There will be a second batch, so I'm told, prob of the same amount.

Enjoy guys.

Doc

I spoke with Chris this afternoon,
    He was in the middle of making the DPs.
    Im dropping off my car tomorrow night and im having one fitted thursday.
    He actually said he was looking forward to it. But he was quick to take that back.

we want pics.

Give it 10-20k's, and a minimum of 5 on/off cycles before you mash the loud button.

I just let mine warm up at Chris's, gave it a few starts.. a few gentle rev's. then drove it home with a few squirts here and there.

It will blow a lot of smoke when you accelerate for the first 25km's or so.. but it will go away and return to normal.. its just everything burning off inside the new pipes. Plus the new cat settling in.

Let us know what you think, Im sure youll love it.

Doc
    Last edited by Doc; 27-04-2010 at 09:49 PM.

^ Thanks for the info Doc,
    I cant wait to see what difference it'll make.
    i'll post pics on the weekend, he said itll be finished on thursday. But i live at Mona Vale on the Northern Beaches so im not going to be able to pick it up till saturday.

Sweeeeet

Hey congrats cotn, you will be the first gen2 ,looks like im second ,just waiting for chris to call. Want your feedback asap please. When you drop in to BM remind chris im in queue.thanks.

Yeah ill remind him tomorrow....
    The DPs will be done this week so if you dont hear from him id give him a call.
    Its an hour drive home from there so saturday arvo you'll know what i think......

I reminded him.. he knows
    Its Cotn, Oldhead, Jmac.

He has had to put everyone else on hold until he gets more parts.

Jmac.. Chris wants to organise a before and after Dyno with you. Call him.

Doc

I was actually trying to organise a before and after dyno with a place.
    Just so we could all see the difference it makes. But I wasn't expecting chris to say bring it over for Thursday. So I just don't have the time now. Might just do an after dyno.

Default Re: Best Mufflers DP

Quote Originally Posted by Doc

Jmac.. Chris wants to organise a before and after Dyno with you. Call him.

Doc
    Will do!

On an additional note, Chris is gonna see if u can jig up a test pipe for us Gen II's.

On my SP23 ive had all the work done on my car by Chris at bets mufflers his workmanship is second to none and can highly recommend him to anyone. My car was the test mule for the xforce hatch cat back exhaust and the Cel cure from xforce headers so i can say Chris knows his stuff.

Update

one more DP available. 3 spoken for.. 4th one, first in best dressed.
    Call Best mufflers to grab it.

Doc

Dropped the car off too chris... There was another one being built on the jig... Looks great.
    Not actually getting mine flanged at the cat. He said it's the best cat he can buy and has run them on cars with 800hp at the wheels. So I really can't see it EVER being a problem on a car making under 300hp.

Gosh this news has got me excited!! I dont have time to travel to NSW though... I'm located in Brissy.... Does he built the parts and perhaps he can recommend someone here to install? But installation is just as important i suppose! ><" I wanna witness Chris's miracles! I also have a Gen2 so it would be interesting to see how cotn go!! Would u please keep me updated mate? I would be interested in getting one if u got no dramas with it, although again... It will be of a issue with the distance....

Guys

this link is half dead.. it loads.. then goes to a different page... but if your quick.. click the stop button on your browser before it goes to the next page.. (I dunno!).. its defiantly worth a read. (you may have to cut and copy it into your address bar a few times if your not quick enough with the stop button)

Ford Falcon BA XR6 Turbo performance exhaust system upgrade

Divorced vs Big bellmouth. Dynos.

Not for the MPS.. but an internally gated turbo is an internally gated turbo.

Enjoy

Doc

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Let me know if you have problems and ill post the words.. but the pics and dyno graphs are great

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Dropped the car off too chris... There was another one being built on the jig... Looks great.
    Not actually getting mine flanged at the cat. He said it's the best cat he can buy and has run them on cars with 800hp at the wheels. So I really can't see it EVER being a problem on a car making under 300hp.
    Excellent... Make sure Chris takes some photos of it installed..

And we want a review!

Doc

Ok guys...
    So Chris at Best Mufflers got the DP on today.
    Just got a call from him then saying it is all good to go. And NO CEL!!!
    He says it sounds good, Has bit of a nice rumble to it without being loud. Perfect!
    He took plenty of pics of it during the install and i should be able to post a link to them later tonight so keep a lookout.
    Must also say that whilst my car has been there i have not had any concerns about leaving it with him to work on. Chris is a top guy and its easy to tell when your car is in safe hands.....
    I will be trying to pick it up tomorrow night.

Sweet.. told ya it'd be all sweet

Doc

20. Default

^ Thats cause you know your shit!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast