User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Mufflers DP

Smile Best Mufflers Dp

Chris did hesitate when i told him i would arrive ,for him to install,but he (Thats business) Im stocked his is fitting.Dont want some boofhead touching what he dosnt understand.

he is a funny bloke.. absolutely LOVES MAZDA.. especially MPS's (sarcasm).. I know he is going to love the MPS6 when he sees it too.. lol (sarcasm) ..

So when are you going to travel down to get it done?!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    he is a funny bloke.. absolutely LOVES MAZDA.. especially MPS's (sarcasm).. I know he is going to love the MPS6 when he sees it too.. lol (sarcasm) ..

So when are you going to travel down to get it done?!
    Doc,as soon as he rings me ,to confirm dp made and suits gen2.

Ok guys, so i went and saw Chris today. He put my Gen 2 on the hoist.
    He said they look exactly the same! So im going to get one done with him. I saw one on a jig that he made and it looks awesome!
    He also showed me where he has put the flex joint on his compared with CP-E's and it seems to make alot more sense after he described to me why.
    He is a top bloke and totally understands that i dont want any CELs thrown on a brand new car.
    He says since he hasnt done one on a gen 2 he couldnt promise it wont throw a code but he cant see why it would.
    So whos got the balls to be the first gen 2? maybe we should get together and draw straws.... haha.
    And like Doc said, Chris absolutely loves mazdas.... hahahha.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Does anyone know if CPE changed their downpipe from gen 1 to 2? and if so why?

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and Oldhead,
    He couldnt believe that someone would travel that far to get a downpipe put on their car. haha
    Although from what i learnt about him today. It will be worth it. i would trust him with my car 100%.

Cool

Hey cotn.He told me he was waiting to put a gen 2 on hoist to confirm. thanks heaps. This is my 2nd MPS . So it pays to do research ,get the best,listen to others b4 decision.
    Chris will contact me now for installation date. Might get to meet some of you Sydney guys ,hope so.

yeah, we should meet up for sure. if i havent done mine by then id be really keen to see your car with it on.
    Im getting all excited. All thanks to Doc for this one! haha.

I think Chris has a handle on the second o2 sensor.. it shouldnt throw a CEL.. The way he sets it up is very clever

Does Chris sell the cats? as im doing a few things to mine and could use ths

I think Chris has a handle on the second o2 sensor.. it shouldnt throw a CEL.. The way he sets it up is very clever
    I am definately getting a DP off him. just not sure if im gonna commit to being the first gen 2. (yes, i am a pussy)
    He said if it throws a code for some unknown reason all we can do is take it back off.
    Last edited by Cton; 30-04-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Theres Gen 2's in the states with DP and no CEL.. so im confident..

But is it the same DP gen 1 + 2 they are using? Thats what im trying to find out.
    if it is.... im in straight away.

Copied from Mazdaspeedforums Gen 2 Mazdaspeed 3 section:
    "I have the U/R catted d/p and t/p. Install was a bitch !!! too many heat shield nuts and taking offf the o2 was a bitch. Dealer cross threaded the o2 and i had to torch it off. So i had to buy a new o2 sensor ( $384 ). Also recommended buy a new gasket ( turbo to dp) or using copper silcone with your old gasket . I had to buy a new gasket cause i didnt know i needed silicone until i ordered the gasket. So after spending 384 on o2 and 94 on the gasket im pretty satisfied. Deff feel the power gains. Also no CEL lights no prob. Hope that helps you. I have pic of the install but to lazy to post up."

Heres another one:
    "I jumped on Ultimate Racing 15% off deal and got the 3" DP w/HFC, test pipe and catback with the Ti tips. I can personally vouch that UR's stuff is quality. The welds are perfect, and everything fits well. I did speak to Darryl at UR when I ordered, and he was telling me about how their system is a true 3" system with the crazy donut setup. It really is a piece of work.

I was going to take pictures of the install, but I was working outside on the driveway, and it's damn cold. Wasn't too bad.

So far I have no CEL's, the car definitely feels a lot better than stock, and sounds good. In the morning, at low rpm, when you back off the gas, it gives a little bit of that burble sound like SRT4's. The car is violent in 1st gear, blazes tires on boost in 2nd, and rips through third. They should really give a disclaimer about rapid tire wear with their parts, lol."

These guys are able to pull it off.. I have no doubt the BP one will deliver

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I believe that the Gen 2 is a little longer after reading a bit more just then (IE the connection to the cat back is back a few more inches than the gen 1.. but the casting from the turbo and what not all looks identical.. ***EDIT.. lies.. they are the same gen 1 to gen 2**

Ill speak to Chris about it a little more.. he will need to trial fit one to a gen 2 first by the sounds of it.

But the CEL issue.. by the sounds of it.. is a non issue. As long as you have someone that knows what they are doing, and luckily we do.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Does Chris sell the cats? as im doing a few things to mine and could use ths
    Yep.. give him a call
    Last edited by Doc; 25-04-2010 at 12:27 AM.

]I believe that the Gen 2 is a little longer after reading a bit more just then (IE the connection to the cat back is back a few more inches than the gen 1.. but the casting from the turbo and what not all looks identical..

Ill speak to Chris about it a little more.. he will need to trial fit one to a gen 2 first by the sounds of it.
    l
    Hmm, Interesting Doc. Chris seemed to think they were exactly the same and he did some measurements.
    He said '"I knew Mazda wouldnt change it, Bloody tight asses" HA
    Ill let you speak with him more about it.
    You guys know what your doing.

I havent the foggiest idea when it comes to the gen 2. Im just trying to help out. If he has measured it.. id trust him over some young tool in the states. Its so difficult to get correct info out of that web site sometimes.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

**EDIT**

MazdaSPEED3 Gen2 3" Downpipe
    vs
    MazdaSPEED3 3" Downpipe

The pics are the same.

Bingo
    Cobb DP.. (which is the full length downpipe like the Best mufflers setup) Application: 2007-2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3
    http://www.tougetuning.com/store/cob...ed3-p-530.html

Cobb also lists their full length DP for 2007-2010. Halfway Down the page, under title Applications:
    http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=4299

So its the same bloody size!
    Geez.. all this miss information out there.
    Also see the ATP downpipe states fits 2007-2010 models, see link below.
    http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=MS3

As does the turbo XS site:
    http://www.mazdaspeedstore.com/mazda...010-p-223.html.
    These are just the short DP, but the Cobb is the full DP and RP and it fits, so im sold.

Also here is another non CEL story from mazda3 revolution forums (never knew it existed.. good on ya Google):
    So this weekend I stopped by CP-e and picked up their new downpipe for the 2nd Gen Mazdaspeed3 and installed it as soon as I got home. Here is the review....

First let me start off by saying that Josh and the rest of the team at CP-e have done it again by making an amazing product for the Mazda community. Fit and finish of the downpipe is perfect. Performance gains are amazing (no, the car has not been dyno'd yet), the car sounds great.... and best of all, no CELs.

While I did the install in my garage, it would have been much easier to do this with the car on a proper lift. There is very little room to turn wrenches where most of the work takes place.
    Last edited by Doc; 24-04-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Hey Cotn, thanks again for input. PM me if chris has any hesitations,which i doubt. He would be thorough,just look at the work he performs and for who. No Brainer.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Doc ,i had previously checked Cobb,CPE and corksport ,NO changes to dps for gen 2 . USA forums confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post

[/COLOR]Doc ,i had previously checked Cobb,CPE and corksport ,NO changes to dps for gen 2 . USA forums confirmed.
    Thanks guys!
    What made me unsure was the Corksport site. there is no downpipes in the 2010 section but its in the gen 1
    And CP-E say this about the 2010 and not the Gen 1 "Custom Performance Engineering is very pleased to announce the release of our 3” downpipe for the new 2010 MazdaSPEED3!"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Hey Cotn, thanks again for input. PM me if chris has any hesitations,which i doubt. He would be thorough,just look at the work he performs and for who. No Brainer.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Doc ,i had previously checked Cobb,CPE and corksport ,NO changes to dps for gen 2 . USA forums confirmed.
    Now you tell me?!

Well at least I have compiled a list now, and have links to back up my claims. Hopefully this will save others the hassle next time.

It bothers me all this incorrect info people regurgitate on (yanky) forums, often not backing it up with any hard info. Its just a bad game of Chinese whispers.

ahh well.

I guess we are just lucky we actually have a good exhaust guy that knows his stuff. I often feel bad sometimes for the US guys, as they get charged a small fortunes for parts that occasionally dont deliver.

Doc

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Thanks guys!
    What made me unsure was the Corksport site. there is no downpipes in the 2010 section but its in the gen 1
    And CP-E say this about the 2010 and not the Gen 1 "Custom Performance Engineering is very pleased to announce the release of our 3” downpipe for the new 2010 MazdaSPEED3!"
    I heard rumors the CPE were redesigning their DP slightly a while ago due to more and more CEL's in their catted DP.

TO me it seems just like a marketing ploy. "Redesigned for the gen 2"........ to make the gen 2 guys feel all warm and fuzzy.

The Cobb DP on the other hand, Ive never heard of and CEL issues, hence this one works for 2007-2010.

Cheers Bud

Doc

I also got an email from a shop in the US last night saying that yes CPE DP is same part for both cars....
    Ill be ringing Chris next week to see when he can do mine. From what he says its gonna be a few weeks.

... Sweet thanks for sharing the info.

After hearing the praises...I gotta get me one of these!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast