User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Mufflers DP

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Id say thats being a little over cautious myself.
    I understand what your trying to say. dont get me wrong, im not paranoid about it shiting itself. Its more from a financial point really. i borrowed half the money to by this car which i love to drive, and in the unlikely event that something did happen to go wrong i would be in no position to fork out thousands of dollars for a new build. let alone be stuck without a car for such a period. But yeah, id love to do a few things to make it pull harder, and from what you guys and a few other people have said maybe the downpipe is the way to go. So what would you guys recommend first? ETS TMIC or the downpipe? all ive done so far is the intake/inlet.
    i appreciate your advice.
    mate, i understand your concern, and most people go through the same thing because not everyone can magically pull money out of the air

but you have to remember this, even if your car is completely stock, a dealer can refuse to repair it if the motor blows, blaming it on abuse, that it was in an accident or whatever

then you also have dealers who will warrant your car even with mods on, although whether they will warrant a blown motor or not, i am not sure, but i dont recall hearing about anyone here blowing a modified motor, let alone a stock one, and the only person who i recall with a blown motor had a lot of work done, which was regarded as being quite extreme by some people

the only "real" issue is the smoking turbo, and a dump pipe is just going to increase your chances of it being visible, by that i mean your turbo could be smoking with a stock exhaust but you cant see it, while an aftermarket unit makes it visible

if you waltz on into your dealer with a bolt on exhaust and a smoking turbo, and they refuse to replace it, go somewhere else. thats a few hundred dollars worth of business they lost because the cost doesnt come out of their pocket, but mazda's, and its a known problem anyway, so why would they care if you are bolted or not?

in brief, dont be afraid to mod, because if you blow your shit up, then you werent doing things properly, or went too extreme

if you get it serviced or seek warranty repair by a dealer, then don't be sneaky and take the mods off to get warranty done, as they will probably ignore the fact that its modded anyway, and of course you would be lying

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Which is the better DP for 05MPS6 ? Best Mufflers VS CP-e.

I noted that MPS Garage are having a discount for CP-e DP. Thinking of going with them.
    if i could be bothered, won the lottery or went back in time, i would go the best mufflers downpipe

not saying the cp-e one is bad because it goes hard, but a lot of the cost is shipping, and i would rather buy something where a very high amount of the cost is due to materials and labour
    Last edited by kagerou; 21-04-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Default Re: Best Mufflers DP

And locally made

I'm no longer in NSW to make my car available for measuring and fitting but I would buy one of these tomorrow if there was one for the 6.

Anyone in Sydney with an MPS6 who wants to do this?

im sure someone will take this offer up

common you mps 6 girly men.. lol

id like to see a gen 2 have one fitted there too... make both those rear exhaust pipes do something...lol.. i kid i kid

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

After speaking with Chris from Best Mufflers.. there has been a good response, and there have been a few members already reserve theirs!

Nice work..

Chris loves working on MPS's.. as they are so user friendly to work on (insert sarcasm here)

Doc

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    mate, i understand your concern, and most people go through the same thing because not everyone can magically pull money out of the air

but you have to remember this, even if your car is completely stock, a dealer can refuse to repair it if the motor blows, blaming it on abuse, that it was in an accident or whatever

then you also have dealers who will warrant your car even with mods on, although whether they will warrant a blown motor or not, i am not sure, but i dont recall hearing about anyone here blowing a modified motor, let alone a stock one, and the only person who i recall with a blown motor had a lot of work done, which was regarded as being quite extreme by some people

the only "real" issue is the smoking turbo, and a dump pipe is just going to increase your chances of it being visible, by that i mean your turbo could be smoking with a stock exhaust but you cant see it, while an aftermarket unit makes it visible

if you waltz on into your dealer with a bolt on exhaust and a smoking turbo, and they refuse to replace it, go somewhere else. thats a few hundred dollars worth of business they lost because the cost doesnt come out of their pocket, but mazda's, and its a known problem anyway, so why would they care if you are bolted or not?

in brief, dont be afraid to mod, because if you blow your shit up, then you werent doing things properly, or went too extreme

if you get it serviced or seek warranty repair by a dealer, then don't be sneaky and take the mods off to get warranty done, as they will probably ignore the fact that its modded anyway, and of course you would be lying

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

if i could be bothered, won the lottery or went back in time, i would go the best mufflers downpipe

not saying the cp-e one is bad because it goes hard, but a lot of the cost is shipping, and i would rather buy something where a very high amount of the cost is due to materials and labour
    well put mate..

I'll be calling Chris tomorrow about a unit for my current gen MPS3. I wish I could have him install it as I'm in Brisbane, but we'll see how we go. Big thumbs up for the info guys...Much appreciated.

tell him i sent ya..

---------- Post added 22-04-2010 at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was 21-04-2010 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    And locally made
    welcome to the club..

Thanks heaps Doc and all others for input. Ordered my dp today from Chris @best mufflers.

Mazda MPS Dump Pipe & 100cpi Hiflow Catalytic Converter Direct Fit [Available Soon]

^ Pic of DP

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I'll be calling Chris tomorrow about a unit for my current gen MPS3. I wish I could have him install it as I'm in Brisbane, but we'll see how we go. Big thumbs up for the info guys...Much appreciated.
    So did you give him a call?

Just went to Best Mufflers website and it saw the MPS3 downpipe.
    One of the description states.... ...

For off Road & Race use only

thats how it is is for every aftermarket downpipe mate...

As soon as you move or replace the factory gear.. your not technically compliant with all this emissions stuff.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Just went to Best Mufflers website and it saw the MPS3 downpipe.
    One of the description states.... ...

For off Road & Race use only
    If your interested mate.. Chris would love to see an MPS6 for a trial fit.

Let me know.. or give Chris a call directly

So i was getting pretty close to going with the downpipe over doing a TMIC.
    Anyway, i posted a thread on mazdaspeed.com about downpipe or an ETS TMIC first.
    100% of the people said intercooler first as DP highly increases the risk of running lean. unless i was going to do something with the fuel pump first.
    What do you guys think about it 'running lean' after a downpipe?

These cars run pig rich from the factory. I highly doubt that a DP will lean them out to a dangerous level.

i at what the yanks say sometimes

Before my DP install 10.5:1 AFR
    After my DP install 10.5:1 AFR
    I have logged my fuel pressure to the hills too.. its still up at 1650PSI.. again nothing chaged.

I would not worry untill you up your boost, and have some more goodies bolted on before you even consider needing a pump

Did they talk about boost spikes with the TMIC.. but even then.. its not even a big deal.

Ive ran both the TMIC while stock, and the DP while stock.. DP makes more power.. boost doesnt spike, car is 100% happier with life.

As a side note, im also seeing less knock retard and lower cat temps. Its a win win and a no brainer IMO. I just wish a dropped my money on this years ago, instead of mucking around with other parts.

Doc
    Last edited by Doc; 22-04-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks Doc, Its good to hear from someone who actually knows from experience. Instead of people who must be just assuming then.
    Im going to have to look into this DP through best mufflers then.
    Thanks again......

Not a problem.. you sometimes need to ignore 90% of what some of those guys say..

There is soo much good info on that site.. but soooooooooooooo much sh*t advice too.

I have logged everything, and the only thing that had changed (not even my fuel trims changed one bit) is the smile on my face when I mash the loud button.

from this...

to this..

I hope my smiles clear things up for you and help you make your mind up. lol

Doc

And... Ill soon have both (TMIC and DP)

Though, this will delay the tune .

I think its time I admit I have a rubber arm - stop encouraging me to spend money

Yes.. I do seem to be a bad influence on you.

Did you see the picture?

Watcha think?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

No MPS 6 takers?
    Girly men

Looks good!

Haha, poor Chris is not happy on the thought of installing all these d/p on the mps3's!!!

haha.. funny guy. They are a bit of a bitch by the looks of things. At least he takes his time, and doesnt f*ck anything.

SO.. are you getting one too? ¿ ? ¿

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast